Dbox flash problem (ifa) cannot connect to dbox.

is there a problem with the box, if i when i try connect it to my tv - it doesnt recognise it, even though the scart leads work and have been connected properly?
I though the box is not booting up fully maybe thats why you are not seeing anything on the tv you will have to flash it.

can i send my dbox to someone here on the forum to have a look? ill pay for p&p

i would be grateful, its doing my head in :(

can i send my dbox to someone here on the forum to have a look? ill pay for p&p

i would be grateful, its doing my head in :(

I dont mind having a go at flashing it. What area are you in so I can try and have a service file to hand?

If you want me to have a look PM me and I'll send you my addy.

I dont mind having a go at flashing it. What area are you in so I can try and have a service file to hand?

If you want me to have a look PM me and I'll send you my addy.

ok m8 will get in touch, in east london.

just an update, tried connecting to my tv again and i was messing around with the remote and it loaded up andromedia image and i could access the menu, however channels were missing, so i successfully connected to ftp and transfered the service/bouqet files over....and on reboot, its stuck again on the kein system...

so what i gather the image is definately on the box, is there anything i can press on the remote which may load up the image on the dbox again....(im not sure what i pressed previously, i was just messing around)

Kein System means you have no image on your box. I'm afraid you will have to start over and flash with IFA. Don't be alarmed if you are unsuccessful the first few times coz it doesn't always work first go. Stick with it and keep trying, it will flash eventually I'm sure.

All the best

Are you sure your trying to load the correct image i.e. a 1 chip or 2 chip image, i,ve read a few posts on this forum and the kein system has been associated quite a few times with this problem.

Are you sure your trying to load the correct image i.e. a 1 chip or 2 chip image, i,ve read a few posts on this forum and the kein system has been associated quite a few times with this problem.

definately a 2x chip image, it so strange how it loaded up andromedia image though...now its messed up again

its a bad flash which is why it wont boot properly and comes up kien system. I would try a reflash with the latest ifa as your pc is dual core.

get it here h**p://www.hallenberg.com/freedownloads.php

thebigman

definately a 2x chip image, it so strange how it loaded up andromedia image though...now its messed up again

Like rodboy says it sounds as if something has gone wrong with the initial flashing, i would try again.And personally i would use the crossover cable coupled with a null modem cable direct to the comp, some people would disagree but if you use a router problems can occur.

regards acercam

Go via HyperTerminal

Had a similar problem. After a few days I connected via the Micros**t HyperTerminal and a Null Modem. You have to be patient but it does work.

Had a similar problem. After a few days I connected via the Micros**t HyperTerminal and a Null Modem. You have to be patient but it does work.

interesting thread

had similair issues last night trying to flash using IFA with both null modem and cross over cable

did the usual, disable firewall, anti virus set nic to 10 mb half - also disabled media sensing . still no luck at all.. was at it for 1 hour

I came across a CD with a old version of IFA (dated 2006 the one I was using was dated 2007) and used that and voila worked first time - obviously the newer versions dont always work

how do you flash with HyperTerminal then .. would be interested to know.

Back