Daddy longlegs

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
is it me or are there loads about this year, daughters are driving me mad, screaming everytime one goes it there bedroom.

I Hate The Things :(

Tell me about it Napster. I get the shout from my daughter too. I've lost count how many I've had to remove from my house.

i keep feeding them to the spiders throw them into the web its cool lol

the dragon flies are the worst they are about a foot long scared the life out of me when i seen 1 haeding straight for me bloody big green thing

got to agree on this one , what a racket they make the clumsy gits . when they fly they seem to have no control over where they go lol

when i lived up north in the back of beyond it was midgee's that drove me mad at nights!

also during the summer we had corn lice, they are annoying!!! too much and to little to get rid of so you just have to put up wi them.

Im just glad we dont have moskitoes ;)

get the kids to sing ... he loves me he loves me not ..only play the game by pulling the legs off ..then they will look forward to catching them..lol
no no just joking..... they are friendly gods creatures.. ive never pulled the legs off one ......:)

Puppy loves them

I thought the puppy had been at the broom this morning, he had what I thought was a bristle hanging out of his mouth, when I pulled on it - it was a Daddy long legs
Yuk!

theres so many of them as there are very few wasps this year, and wasps are their main predator. theres so few wasps due to the humid winter which stopped them going into some sort of hibernation then the sudden cold spell killed most of them off, meaning less wasps to start colonising in the spring (which also came early and messed the surviving ones up more) which meant more dady long legswere ableto produce more young as they werent being killed by the wasps. this has a knock on effect as it also means that house spiders are eating more (and are much bigger this year) and are breeding more, which means more spiders as well

so just think next time you kill a wasp youll have millions of daddy long legs and big spiders invading your house and itll all be your own fault lmao

im sure thats what i heard anyway lmao

Last edited:
Yep its true, Daddy Long Legs (or Jenny Long Legs as peeps here call them) have a very strong venom. If memory serves, they do have teeth, or more of a single fang (I seem to remember from a TV show, but could be wrong), but it is so small it cant penetrate the skin. Cool eh :)

Crane flys and Daddy Long Legs ,are two diferent things .

Crane flys ( Tipula,), Have wings and they fly !

Daddy Long Legs (Pholcus phalangioides)
,Do not have wings, they walk .

Just thought I would clear that one up !

Last edited:
Crane flys and Daddy Long Legs ,are two diferent things .

Crane flys ( Tipula,), Have wings and they fly !

Daddy Long Legs (Pholcus phalangioides)
,Do not have wings, they walk .

Just thought I would clear that one up !

were did u get this info from as the link napster posted says they are the same things. and i've always called the big lanky things that crash into everything when they fly daddy longlegs.

anyways i hate the fookers. just put new spotlights in the bathroom and theres always loads there.

i just thought it was this house (as i only moved in a few months ago) and nowt to do with wasps but you learn something new everyday digi;)

krazy

Ya gotta give these guys a break. I think they are gr8 they have to be the comedians of the insect world cause they are such burks.And as for the choice between a DL and a wasp I know which i prefer.

I have claw marks on my arm from the nutter cat chasing the crane flys. House is riddled with bodies of spiders and crane flys. For goodness sake eat them. Other cat just watches.

Back