Daddy longlegs

Life span of the daddy long leg

I thought were only on this planet to bug me, they wait by my door until I have to let the dog out then they make a dive for it the ones that didnt make it wait until I have to let him back in. Can anyone tell me thier life span ?

I do mean the ones that die naturally.

They have the most powerfull venom on gods good earth, thankfully they have no teeth...

never knew that! - they reckon that after the plague of crane Flys there will be a huge amount of spiders running around.

I just hope my neighbour finds his tarrantula before too long - hate to see that bugger breed!

been a few dragon flies about (killed around 4-5 yesterday due to mrs and kids screaming lol) not seen any daddy long legs down here for a bit ?

my old house they used to get in but they dont bother me apart from the stupid web (if you can call it that lol) that you would occasionally walk into :(

however me mum has a family home in norfolk and was up there on saturday and said she had to walk over thousands of them (which was probably about 50 but you know women lol) to get into the house

i heard that daddy long legs have wheels, and if one got into a fight with a king cobra the daddy long legs would pierce the cobras head with it's single giant fang and suck it's insides out.

i heard that daddy long legs have wheels, and if one got into a fight with a king cobra the daddy long legs would pierce the cobras head with it's single giant fang and suck it's insides out.

and if its a male spider it will have sex with rat after and then smoke a fag!

I thought were only on this planet to bug me, they wait by my door until I have to let the dog out then they make a dive for it the ones that didnt make it wait until I have to let him back in. Can anyone tell me thier life span ?

I do mean the ones that die naturally.

Adult state lifespan is about 5 days for the cranefly.

Pretty much the only thing they do during this five days is look for a mate and breed. I dont think they are actually capable of eating in the adult state.

Taken From The CBBC Website Lol

_42106592_daddylong_203.jpg

Daddy long legs invasion!

They don't seem to do much at all, except bounce around looking useless, but get ready for record numbers of daddy long legs.
The bumbling insects have had perfect weather this year, so experts reckon we could be seeing lots more than usual.

The bugs, also known as crane flies, were helped to breed by the hot summer, and given lots of damp leaf mulch to eat by the heavy rain which followed.

But there's no need to worry, as they're completely harmless.

Some people reckon the insects are really poisonous, but just don't know how to use their venom.

This isn't true, as they don't have any poison and don't bite anyway.

So it seems all they're good for is banging into light bulbs and being eaten by birds.

daddy long legs (aphids) do have the most poisoness venom in the world and if they were the size of a tarrantula they could kill you!

yeah seen loads of these fellas about bloody things but think they only live a few days :) just to do there biz nxt all the big spiders will be invading us

well my party trick used to be eating theese things at bbq s when all my mates missus used to scream i would just catch em and snuffle them up,nice really after 10 pints of strong boy

if god created every living thing. what was the purpose of creating daddy long legs.

Dady long legs dont bother me at all but the missus and daughter are petrified of em,i am the official spider and daddylonglegs killer in my house...my garden is absolutely full of spiders webs and the spiders are the fattest ive ever seen em....sHuDdEr!!!! theres one outside the window now with about 10 daddylonglegs bodies below its web.... i like the popping sound they make when ya stand on em :)

Back