D600 Sat help

Johny48

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
just bought the 600pva i have been playing with the dbox for years and dream500c but i want to try something new i also got spair c tuner just in case ? but i would like to try out the sat tuner
Q are there any images available for sat i know the 500s has good support on the satellite section but i cant see much for the D600 it only seems to be cable.

thanks for any help regarding this in advance
cheers johny48

Any image for the 600 will do it dosen't care what tuner is in the box it will pick it up

so sat.xml and cables.xml are already in the images as i thought i would have to rip stuff from a d500 sat images :Clap::Clap::Clap:

cant wait till the box comes :Cheers:
cheers johny48

give us a shout if you have any trouble mate,i have a 600pvr for the sat

will upload a couple of images if you want I have Gemini 4.oo and pli-iolite-dm600pvr-20071206-3873 used both very good
regards tbobs

hi
so its just a case of changing tuners and rebooting box no need to change images or am i wrong
if so is there a preference for this image like Gemini and pli-iolite- or other
i hope it arrvies tomorrow as im impatient to to play with this box i was torn between waiting for the new d800 or the new hd itgate box but decieded to try the 600 first to get a bit of experience on sat but after reading some threads i may stick with this for a bit
thanks guys for your help / @ terrybobs i may come back to you on that offer

cheers johny48

images are personell choice tbh,i like the pli iolite one but you may like another,try a few to you find one that suits you,there is already a few images uploaded on here

hi
box arrived today flashing the noob image at the moment had a play with it so far picture quality is excellent the remote is a bit bigger than the 500 working around it as its got a lot more functions
not put hard drive in yet im going to use the 40gb out of my f--ct laptop just testing images first to see what works for me.
had a look in tuxbox commander file setup is a lot different from both dbox & D500 but im sure i will get to know were every thing is
thanks again for the help guys and as Arnie says ill be back lol:Cheers:

johny48

HI
hard drive in ok working well after reading some stuff :Clap:

question i have been reading about some channels being fta and i can recieve these on my freeview but on sat they do not decode (ch4/ch5 /sk3 and some others) why, and can i get these via the d600 installed emus/camds or am i missing some thing.
cheers johny48

HI
hard drive in ok working well after reading some stuff :Clap:

question i have been reading about some channels being fta and i can recieve these on my freeview but on sat they do not decode (ch4/ch5 /sk3 and some others) why, and can i get these via the d600 installed emus/camds or am i missing some thing.
cheers johny48

for those channels you would need a sky card if my mems right there ftv not fta (free to air / free to veiw)

yes mate,and if you wanted you could buy a sky card for around 20quid which would give you

FIVE
FIVE life
FIVE US
FIVER
Sky three

as digidude tells me :proud:

hi
just changed tuners to c just to see how it compairs to the dbox picture is great recording is good going to change back to sat though as i have all channels on dbox like to play with new stuff have another go at ch4 but it was not working earlier i was looking for card in argos they only have sky freeview stuff for £75 one off payment i think this includes a box and dish some of the channels mentioned you would recieve in this deal i have already without a card.
im a bit restricted as its a communall sat dish so cant get the rest of the sat networks only astra but the d600 has been a good investment so far.
cheers johny48

sorry mate,got mixed up,it was bbc four lol :proud:

channel 4 goes fta this month

sorry mate,got mixed up,it was bbc four lol :proud:

channel 4 goes fta this month

You had me going there for a mo btw where do you get the cards now it used to be BBC?

Following the recent testing of Channel 4 free-to-air, More4 and E4 will also be added free-to-air today. Check -
Astra2 28*, Freq. 10729 V ; 22000 5/6

Back