Custom ROM/S

Bumblefoot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok just rooted my week old Galaxy Nexus, installed ROM Manager and now want to try a new ROM, any suggestions on what's good? Anything to avoid?

best place to look is xda developers mate, that sites dedicated to that stuff, or modaco!

once you flash your 1st rom mate, be prepared for many more if the bug hits you, lol, let us know how ya get on!

I would give the CM9 nightly a shot there was a new one released on the 30th March it's actually amazing, As the above post says though after one you will end up doing another and another, its a bug :)

If you need any help or get any issues give me a shout.

:) enjoy

been looking at ROM for my desire and basically there seem to be three main options are
- Modded stock ROM so basically a modified version of the one for your phone (or sister phones)
- AOSP (Android Open Source Project). These are built of the base android O/S and don't include any extras that your phone manufacture put on like touchwiz or sense. CyanogenMod is based on this.
- MIUI Chinese developed ROM based on CyanogenMod 7 that is supposed to resemble iphone. i haven't loaded it myself but its supposed to be very customisable

Of course there are hundreds of ROMs out there but they seem to be grouped on the above

Back