Curly's decorating project

Another update

Getting there now :)
Ceiling is papered and painted.
Coving filled and painted.
Little feature roof papered and painted.
All walls now painted.

Hoping to get most of the rest of the jobs done over the bank holiday weekend.
Got the window sill to fill and paint, pelmet to repair, radiator to plumb in, floor to go down and then skirtings to fit and paint.
Gonna be a busy weekend lol

Curly

ur place looks absolutely cracking, you shoudl advertise ur self as a jack of all trades but forget the master of f*** all bit lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

aww aye mate was there a game on ;) Glory Glory Man Utd lol seriously its some job uve done all i can do is stand back and admire

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

looking good curly. not to highjack your thread but ive been doing my kitchen with a m8 just latly too so following on from your thread heres what weve done so far.

Sargie mate, your house is haunted!!

Just look at all those lost souls floating around in your pictures :eek:

(or maybe it's just dust)

;)

Sargie mate, your house is haunted!!

Just look at all those lost souls floating around in your pictures :eek:

(or maybe it's just dust)

;)

lol aye spooooky :) your place is looking cracking curly excellent job m8ty.

did you get your project finished m8, looking forward to last pictures

looks great m8 you put a lot of hard work into that m8 well done

Cheers guys

I'm up to the interesting bit now. TV to choose and HTPC to set up :)
Been looking at a Sharp Aquos 32 inch lcd.
Had fancied a Samsung before but they were down to the last one (display) at my local Empire Direct.
Can't make my mind up if I should try to get 1080 res or 100Hz
Will be watching footy (via sat soon) and films on it. Also got a dvd recorder that upscales dvd's to 1080p and will be connecting that to it via hdmi.
Any suggestions anyone ;) ??

Curly

aww been following this since you started m8 you must be well chuffed and youve done an excellent job too it looks first class workmanship you must be well pleased ...........well done

Cheers guys

I'm up to the interesting bit now. TV to choose and HTPC to set up :)
Been looking at a Sharp Aquos 32 inch lcd.
Had fancied a Samsung before but they were down to the last one (display) at my local Empire Direct.
Can't make my mind up if I should try to get 1080 res or 100Hz
Will be watching footy (via sat soon) and films on it. Also got a dvd recorder that upscales dvd's to 1080p and will be connecting that to it via hdmi.
Any suggestions anyone ;) ??

Curly

1080p is not needed for a 32" TV so save yourself the money and invest it in a 100hz TV. I cant think of any off the top of my head but I think Toshiba make a few.

If you're building a HTPC you may want to pass on the DVD player as well. HTPC's scaling abilities are difficult to beat. Even then if you must insist on a upscaling DVD player you need to consider if its scaler is better than the one inside of your TV. Unless you're really into movies and nit pick at picture quality you might want to consider an Oppo DVD player. Since HD DVD was retired you can pick up a SH Tosh E1 for around £50. It is an excellent upscaler of DVD's.

Personally I'd stick with the TV HTPC combo though.

Nice DIY by the way

mate you done well, looks very professional

well done

1080p is not needed for a 32" TV so save yourself the money and invest it in a 100hz TV. I cant think of any off the top of my head but I think Toshiba make a few.

If you're building a HTPC you may want to pass on the DVD player as well. HTPC's scaling abilities are difficult to beat. Even then if you must insist on a upscaling DVD player you need to consider if its scaler is better than the one inside of your TV. Unless you're really into movies and nit pick at picture quality you might want to consider an Oppo DVD player. Since HD DVD was retired you can pick up a SH Tosh E1 for around £50. It is an excellent upscaler of DVD's.

Personally I'd stick with the TV HTPC combo though.

Nice DIY by the way

Cheers m8
I got the dvd player for free lol
It's a Sony one and I can't remember the model off hand. I just thought I'd use it cos I've got it. I guess I could play something on both then decide which I prefer?
I'll do more reading on the 100Hz models then.

@pipsqueaker
I put steel between the ceiling and floor above.
Luckily the chimney above had been reduced to make way for wardrobes so there isn't much weight.

Curly

Back