Curly's decorating project

Curly

Inactive User
Reaction score
In between Bro and Mairyhinge. Hold that thought..
As a few of you will know, I'm in the middle of decorating the dining room at home.
I had last week off work in order to get stuck into the job.
I've decided to start a thread with a few photo's as the job goes on and hopefully before long, a couple of photo's of the finished room.
The house is a pre war semi and we decided to take the chimney breast out in order to make way for a new sideboard and also have a new table / chairs.
The plan is to put a lcd tv on the sideboard and have some sort of media centre inside one of the cupboards to act as a music system/pc/dvd player etc. Any suggestions from you guys in the know welcome ;)

Mrs Curly also wants that flat painted wall look so I've knocked the rest of the plaster off as it was very loose and have dry-lined it all.
I also spent over a day pulling in cat5 and a full coil of satellite cable in (cheers digi lol )

Anyway here are a few photo's.

Curly

Good to see that you still have the energy when you get home from work........i wonder why that is eh:proud:

keep up the good work

If you need a joiner for a bit of help m8,give me a shout m8 im in bolton my-self (top of h/well road).

Fook sake Curly, you're doing a great job mate, are you a builder or what?

If i was doing that the whole house would be down around me by now.

Keep it up mate, will be keen to see the finished article.

What made you choose to batten the walls?usually quicker to dot and dab.Good feeling though when it all comes together and its skimmed.

Thanks for the comments guys :)
@ Irlam thanks for the offer m8. I'm not far from you ;)

@Donnie The wall was really uneaven when the chimney came out. Also I had a load of cables to hide and found it easier to just put a 2x2 stud wall up and board it.

I insulated the pitched roof tonight with 50mm polystyrene sheet. A bit awkward with all the angles. It's going to have uplights under it too :)

The downside with this job is I don't get to visit DW as often lol

Curly

you have been a busy man, lol ... think you will finish decorating your flat first then me decorating my small bedroom, its taken me 3 weeks just to paper over the exisitng wallpaper , all i have to do now is paint the room that will take me another 3 weeks lol.

Thats an outstanding job your doing there mate weldone :) a bet mrs curly is over the moon with it aswell . :Clap:

Well done Curly looking good, these jobs though take forever and there's alway's 'the next room' now that you have proved to your Mrs you can do it ;) Big mistake LOL.

You don't know how close to the truth you are there m8 lol
The room leads off the kitchen and she's allready looking at new units, worktops, tiles....................

Curly

you enojying it Curly? i did something similar to you but on a larger scale. All i can say is that i was enthusiastic for the first week and then i was well annoyed with it.

We ripped out everything, ceilings, chminey breasts, re-plastered the whole house, new covings, new wood work, new electric, lights and cat5e everywhere ,new plumbing, new windows. basically New everything from top to bottom. All i can say is i aint never doing that again.....

looking good mate. there is nothing like doing the job yourself. the satisfaction and savings are well worth it. plus i always think i do a better job than the trademan would. keep it up

you enojying it Curly? i did something similar to you but on a larger scale. All i can say is that i was enthusiastic for the first week and then i was well annoyed with it.

We ripped out everything, ceilings, chminey breasts, re-plastered the whole house, new covings, new wood work, new electric, lights and cat5e everywhere ,new plumbing, new windows. basically New everything from top to bottom. All i can say is i aint never doing that again.....

I am enjoying it logic m8, but it's hard work!
I tend to do one room at a time rather than do all the house at once.
Just picked the coving up and the radiator has arrived. (bought online)
I might put some angle beads on tonight.

Curly

Back