Curly's decorating project

tell ya what m8 u done a good job there,put some of the guys I work with to shame lol (as u know Im in the drylining trade)

looking good m8 :)

looking good curly. not to highjack your thread but ive been doing my kitchen with a m8 just latly too so following on from your thread heres what weve done so far.

Your kitchen is looking smart sargie m8
That's probably my next job lol.
We seem to be going down the similar colour scheme as you too.
I like the cooker too :)

Got some angle bead on last night and hope to put the coving up tomorrow.
I'll take a couple more photo's then.

Mrs Curly has arranged for the furniture to be delivered on 15th March so I've got 2 weeks to get it finished. Bless her :)

Curly

Your kitchen is looking smart sargie m8
That's probably my next job lol.
We seem to be going down the similar colour scheme as you too.
I like the cooker too :)

Got some angle bead on last night and hope to put the coving up tomorrow.
I'll take a couple more photo's then.

Mrs Curly has arranged for the furniture to be delivered on 15th March so I've got 2 weeks to get it finished. Bless her :)

Curly

Well in that case m8 go down the b+q road we got all the kitchen you can see there minus appliances for £1500. now we got quotes from mfi wickes etc etc and they were double the price. ok its laminated cupoards but i think its excellent quality gone together nice and very simple to do.

We still got to put a breakfast bar up that was in with the price of the kitchen too and the cornice and pelmets. once it is all done tiled etc ill put up the final pics curly it may help you to decide. it is walnut shaker style we have gone for really chuffed with it.

one more thing b+q come out to you do all qouting on lapppy there and then and give you a plan. wickes you have to go in to store to get it mfi you also need to go in. so all in all b+q have imo been excellent.

Looking good there mate. I would personally sink plasma/lcd into the studded wall so that it's flush.
You could also have recessed holes for surround sound speakers and your audio equipment.
Have a look at other installs on avforums.

Good luck

Thats well smart sergie mate just wish my kitchen was that size and would have something similer done myself , Saying that wouldnt do nothing in the house im in like. Think ill wait till we either move or win the lottery and buy a house :) .

Have you got any more done yet curly mate ?

If it's show and tell time here's what has kept me away from the forum...

Just got plastic to finish putting on walls which I should do this weekend.

Very nice Dutcho but i did notice a few faults on the last few pics on the slideshow ie your beer cooler was getting very low ? hope you get that sorted soon lol :Cheers::Cheers:

If it's show and tell time here's what has kept me away from the forum...

Just got plastic to finish putting on walls which I should do this weekend.

looking good there dutcho i like how you have intergrated the pc very smart

Update

I've now got all the plasterboard on. I enjoyed doing it as it's something different but glad it's all on. Those 8 x 4 sheets are awkward to handle on your own!!!

The little feature roof is insulated and boarded now aswell. Measuring and cutting the angled pieces was tricky, but it looks good, something a bit different. I've put a tripple spotlight in there to uplight the roof when finished.
Not sure what to use to fill the joints on this bit. I'm thinking of decorators caulk as it's a bit flexible so shouldn't crack. It will just be painted all white.
If you've any suggestions Rat m8..............?????

I've also got the coving up now. I just need to fill and sand the joints.

Here are some more photo's

Curly

I feel for ya Curly, finished our front room about 2 months ago and we are still dusting ! lol

I simply used polyfilla for small joints/cracks and expanding foam for the bigger ones :blushing:

both skim over nicely

looking good though chum

Nice work Curly m8 and you Sargie, your doing a grand job.

I dont envy you one bit, lol,

This is what ive had done in the last few years.

Kitchen extended to double its size, with an extra bedroom above.

A Conservatory/Dining room built and knocked through my living room with Double french doors.

Fully fitted Kitchen, with all appliances,

wooden flooring throughout all downstairs. And new skirtin boards.

Living room / Kitchen / stairs and passage way all re plastered.

Converted my loft into a computer room.

Fully fitted wardrobes in 2 of the 3 bedrooms.

Landscaped my back garden ( good job its only small ).

So i am very pleased its all done , as i have lots of spare time on my hands now. Major problem is though , the missus will always have some ideas for the next room to do, lol.

@ Dutcho, very nice presentation m8, i like seing the beer fridge stocked up in most of the pics, If it is your kitchen you have done a sound job, but i am not convinced its yours as there is not one sheep in any of the pics, lol.

And one thing is certain , and you guys will agree, you get more pleasure in doing these jobs yourself, and feel proud when its all finished, and you dont take shortcuts as its your house and you want the best..

if you want any pics uploaded , just ask, but they will only be the finished product as i didnt take any pics during the work.

nice work curly i love the little feature roof those lights will look great and set it off a treat.

lets see then aftermath :) getting some ideas here lol

ok after much blood,sweat and tears its about there just gotta stain the wood work walnut to match kitchen a few other minor bits but other than that its there :)

i would like to say its been a pleasure but it hasnt lol glad its over.

Looks good sargie, nice work. What was the outcome with the stainless steel splashback m8.

Looks good sargie, nice work. What was the outcome with the stainless steel splashback m8.

thanks bud. as for the stainless steel splashback i used bar keepers friend only a cpl of quid from asda and it took alot of the faint scratches right out and it is slowly fading the bigger scratch each time i clean it. so i think over time it will just get less and less. tbh you can only see it when the backsplash is in direct sunlight other wise its virtualy unseen.

it was a case of is this scratch worth £90 and the answer was no :)

Back