Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

I would think it will update mate

I thought you was asking if it's ok to change the time lol sorry

Sent from my iPhone

I would think it will update mate

I thought you was asking if it's ok to change the time lol sorry

Sent from my iPhone

no problem,

I thought it would just kick in but without actually seeing it in action I wont know for sure. oh well, ive changed the time now anyway but i was curious :)

My Vu Duo was set to reboot and CrossEPG download whilst a recording was in progress. When I checked it (whilst the recording was still in progress) there was a message on screen asking me if I wanted to reboot, so I clicked NO, then after the recording was complete, it went for the EPG update - so I guess it does wait.

Mines still updating like a good un but I've read today that even using subprocess may cause problems so I've found another way of running an external command, enigma.eConsoleAppContainer, requires a bit mode coding than a simple replace so I'm going to do some coding and testing later today and will upload the file when it's done.

Also, can somebody please remind me again why we go out drinking? Have a nasty hangover and generally feel like crap, must have been the food as I'm sure my body can cope with the alcohol :)

just for your info i did a manual update this morning and when it finished it green screened and rebooted.

mines is set to auto update and updated fine :)

just for your info i did a manual update this morning and when it finished it green screened and rebooted.

Post up the green screen report, might be able to figure out what caused it.

You did unzip the files I attached didn't you?

Post up the green screen report, might be able to figure out what caused it.

You did unzip the files I attached didn't you?

where will i find that m8 :)

bugger i just rememberd i rebooted and run manual update again will that of fecked up log your after

Last edited:
here you go m8

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1335167108.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 1
The box updated itself ok today but I notice it didn't return to standby after it finished. Any idea as to why?

It crashed because of the following:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

So it looks like what I read about and posted yesterday is correct and that using subprocess may result in the same type of errors as the os.system call used to bum out with the same error message.

I had a look at recoding the section using the enigma calls but the enigma library is available when the code is run as a plugin. What this means is that previously I've been able to write and test the code from a telnet session to the box, to recode and test using this method will mean I need to take over the box so I'll have to do that over the next few nights as I'm sure my family won't be too happy if I disrupt their viewing :)

The box updated itself ok today but I notice it didn't return to standby after it finished. Any idea as to why?

The only time I've noticed something similar is when I've updated the bouquet on the box but didn't restart enigma2 after the update. This leads to a mismatch between the channel info, leaves the EPG in a bit of a mess and CrossEPG left the box on.

Hmmm, done some reading on that error, suggestions are to upgrade the version of python, the Dreambox used v2.6 or to add swap space. Adding swao space doesn't actually fix the problem but will mean that you'll be able to go longer before you encounter the error.

so what do you think is best replace the backup files and reboot before i update epg.

How's everyone getting on? My box is updating properly daily at the mo but it's not going back into standby after which is getting moaned at by the missus in the Morning lol

How's everyone getting on? My box is updating properly daily at the mo but it's not going back into standby after which is getting moaned at by the missus in the Morning lol

Mine has been going back in standby no probs, what image are you using?

I'm still rebooting once a week and then download cross epg, this is because I don't understand the setting in the cron manageR.

Back