Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

Had no issues with mine since the revert to flash fix but my cross epg would not update this morning despite reboots and manual attempts, I checked my free space and had 2.7MB RAM but only 7 available on the Flash. I followed the instructions to create a swap on the hdd and cross epg is now updating as normal. Is it a problem having so little space on the flash and if so is there a way to clean it up ?

On a seperate issue I to am using that exact version of cross epg JBJ is using and I have not experienced any problems with the box not returming to standby.

Cheers

CrossEPG git290 attached, which includes:

1) the reverting to flash fix
2) I found the same code that caused the revert to flash in another file so have fixed that too
3) lastly it also include a change to the code that loads the EPG. If the load fails then it will try the load again but this time using the 'strace' program to run the load with debugging output.

The code changes I've made are reliant on subprocess and strace modules so make sure they are installed before installing this version of CrossEPG. To install the modules, in DCC, telnet, type the commands:

opkg install python-subprocess
opkg install strace

The trace file, which will only be created should the load of epg fails will be in either /hdd/crossepg or /usb/crossepg, this depends on what you have set as your download location, the debug file will be called trc-epg.log.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git290+5a21280-r0_mipsel.ipk
    825.6 KB · Views: 29

2) I found the same code that caused the revert to flash in another file so have fixed that too
3) lastly it also include a change to the code that loads the EPG. If the load fails then it will try the load again but this time using the 'strace' program to run the load with debugging output.

The code changes I've made are reliant on subprocess and strace modules so make sure they are installed before installing this version of CrossEPG. To install the modules, in DCC, telnet, type the commands:

opkg install strace

The trace file, which will only be created should the load of epg fails will be in either /hdd/crossepg or /usb/crossepg, this depends on what you have set as your download location, the debug file will be called trc-epg.log.

No probs so far mt been installed since your posting it will keep you updated
Cheers :)

To the people who have installed git290, can you monitor /hdd/crossepg or /usb/crossepg to see if the debug file appears, should be around 200k in size so if you could zip it up an upload I'll take a look through it.

opkg install strace

cheers mate, i'll have a go at installing this later tonight if i can get near the tv :)

Those packages are not available on a Vu+ running Blackhole 1.7.4 M8, I was going to give it a try.

Those packages are not available on a Vu+ running Blackhole 1.7.4 M8, I was going to give it a try.

What happens when you run the command? On OpenPLi it just downloads the package off the web and installs it.

Check the folder /usr/lib/python2.6/ and see if subprocess.pyo is already there, might be? You could also try the command strace by itself, again to see if strace is already installed.

Also I thought that this was just a problem with the 800se and that the 800hd and vu boxes worked fine?

Last edited:
Had no issues with mine since the revert to flash fix but my cross epg would not update this morning despite reboots and manual attempts, I checked my free space and had 2.7MB RAM but only 7 available on the Flash. I followed the instructions to create a swap on the hdd and cross epg is now updating as normal. Is it a problem having so little space on the flash and if so is there a way to clean it up ?

On a seperate issue I to am using that exact version of cross epg JBJ is using and I have not experienced any problems with the box not returming to standby.

Cheers

You'd need to check what plugins you have installed.

Also check if you have a folder called /usr/crossepg/data as when it reverts to flash that is where it downloads to, if you're using USB or HDD then it's quite safe to remove the data folder.

What happens when you run the command? On OpenPLi it just downloads the package off the web and installs it.

Also I thought that this was just a problem with the 800se and that the 800hd and vu boxes worked fine?

When I try the Telnet commands it returns an error that the package is not available. I have just tried on a DM800Pro running Dreamelite Blackhole and got the same error, however it's possible to add the components from the software management - packet manager.

TBH, I've not had a problem with any E2 boxes I've tried but was going to check to see if it ran OK.

had a strange one today, i restarted enigma then run epgdownloader after it was done still no epg, so i had to do a full restart then epg showed up, never had this before

im running fix no 2, with the symlink as backup on DBuk 2.1.1. checked the hard drive there is no error logs to check.

here is epg log but evrything looks ok

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
You'd need to check what plugins you have installed.

Also check if you have a folder called /usr/crossepg/data as when it reverts to flash that is where it downloads to, if you're using USB or HDD then it's quite safe to remove the data folder.

I am all sorted here after following your advice to dibbers, removed the data folder and that stopped the green screening after the revert to flash, have also freed up a little space and had your git 2.90 package installed since you uploaded it. I have not experienced anything out of the ordinary and my epg is updating normally, I will keep checking just in case the trc-epg.log file appears.
Cheers

I cant install your version of git 290, says the hash is wrong or something :(

If that doesn't work then copy the ipk file onto the dreambox into say a temp folder such as /media/usb/tmp

Then issue the commands:

cd /media/usb/tmp
ar x enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git290+5a21280-r0_mipsel.ipk
tar -C / -xvf data.tar.gz

That should unpack the files and effectively install it, then give the box a restart.

Being anal about things I decided to go and find out why the ipk file I produced wouldn't install, for OpenPLi it's basically because git290 is listed as being available for download, this info is stored in a package list file that contains all the packages that the image will allow you to download and install online.

For OpenPLi and I assume other images crossepg git290 is listed as a package that can be downloaded and installed and because I've modified the package, the size and checksum of the package no longer match that contained in the package list.

So what you need to do is in DCC go to the folder /var/lib/opkg and copy the file openpli-mipsel over to your laptop/pc. Get yourself an editor like ConTEXT and edit the file. Locate the section:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

notice that Version has git290, edit the lines MD5Sum and Size as above. Save the file and then copy it back to the box so that you overwrite the existing file.

You should now be able to do an opkg install <name of ipk> and the install should hopefully work. As I said the above is for OpenPLi, I can't really say for other images.

The other way of possibly getting the ipk to install would be to remove the entire section, that should also work but I've not tested it doing it this way.

As always, make sure you have a backup of the original file just in case you cock up :)

Last edited:
thanx mate, i've edited the file and its all ready to go but as usual the missus is watching tv :Chainsaw:

Back