Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

The reason I was looking at standby/restart/restart enigma2 was to get in a temp solution for the epg.dat file not updating. So I created a startup script for cron, then started on scripts to check the state of the box i.e are you in normal use/standby/deep standby, then do a reboot and after the reboot put the box back in the same state.

The scripts that I've thrown together sort of work but in testing I've found that the box doesn't always reboot or restart correctly so you end up with it hanging for which the only solution is to hit the power switch on the back. Which sort of makes the scripts next to useless if the box isn't even going to reboot/restart correctly.

For the crossepg problem, I've also put some debug lines into the code that does the download but from what I've seen so far the logs for a successful and failed epg.dat update look exactly the same so so far haven't established what's going wrong.

Dont get any of those problems with my box at all,well the only time I did was when trying to make a backup using TS Panel backup software

i have removed TS Panel from my box 2 days ago and so far its been ok, not posted as it could just be a fluck will see what happens in couple of days.

Last edited:
Dont get any of those problems with my box at all,well the only time I did was when trying to make a backup using TS Panel backup software

wiz, can you try issuing the following commands:

For a box restart:
wget -q http://127.0.0.1/web/powerstate?newstate=2 -O -

For an enigma2 restart:
wget -q http://127.0.0.1/web/powerstate?newstate=3 -O -

What I'm finding is that say 1-2 in 5 for each of the commands above the box hangs on a reboot/restart

EDIT: Also what front processor version number does your box have, mine is v1, you can get the info from the setup info menus.

Last edited:
Front Processor is v1

and I did a mix of 5 of the above and they worked perfectly :)

Is there a way of scanning the SIM card for hardware errors, what I mean by this is a utility does a surface scan/check of the SIM card?

Front Processor is v1

and I did a mix of 5 of the above and they worked perfectly :)

Am I also right in saying that you've never had any of the crossepg problems, so no reverting to flash or the failure to update epg.dat.

Am I also right in saying that you've never had any of the crossepg problems, so no reverting to flash or the failure to update epg.dat.

I did have m8 but when I flashed a DBUK 2.1.1 ssl84a backup image without TS Panel installed they went away :)

Now that is interesting, do you know the date of the image?

As far as I can remember its this one

DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-sim2-SSL-84a-by+sat+gr.nfi

Which is from November last year :)

I do have a link if needed

I've just gone back to a December OpenPLi image, can't play around with it at the mo but will tomorrow to see if it behaves any better.

I did have m8 but when I flashed a DBUK 2.1.1 ssl84a backup image without TS Panel installed they went away :)

But don't forget you power of your Box from the wall every night so every day it gets a clean reboot and clears all your memory, most of us just leave them in standby ad that's why we get this issue.

I could be totally wrong but I throught I would mention it.

Last edited:
But I have always done that m8 and used to get internal flash problem

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Internal Flash has been fixed though :) this is a different issue thats know if you reboot it don't happen
?
or am I wrong ?

if you's had used another certain E2 box you would quickly realise this isnt a major problem ;) but saying that if it can be fixed all the better :)

Its not a problem for me at all ;)
But look how far we have come because of it, we now have IAAAT compiling an image :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

all i do is every 2/3 days i restart enigma then do manual update dont take above 5 mins, i do it when wife is busy in kitchen, she cant moan at me then :) im a big coward really.

and to be honest mine will update if i use rytec epg but i like opentv better more up to date, so im happy to reboot first. :)

Last edited:
my box now seems to update fine for 2 days, then goes back to being silly and not updating the epg.dat until I reboot. now I use the dreamote iphone app to reboot the box when im in bed in the morning before i get up so its fine by the time i go to watch it either that morning or after work :)

I still haven't got to the bottom of this problem.

In fact I can't even find the piece of code that reads the contents of ext.epg.dat and writes it to epg.dat.

I've added so many lines of debug code that the log file is now nearly 200k in size. As I've been playing around so much I've been rebooting the box most days but am going to give it a rest over the next few days to see if the log file reports any obvious differences if and when it fails.

mines gone to internal flash, and it's an 800HD....dam thing - smash it !!! it was stuck on the radio screen and then when I clicked exit it then showed "internal flash" right time to start reading all them threads and that again....lol

noticed my 800se keeps going back to internal aswell, epg still works and loads fine, and my kingston 8gb drive is still mounted, just doesnt let me select it until i restart the box, doesnt bother me really but like all you would rather have it on the usb where its meant to be!

Back