Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

should epg be stored on usb ?

mine is and they are the only 2 files I have on the whole of /

so both stored on usb where they should be :)

any others id find elsewhere I would personally delete mate

thanks for that, right got filezilla and have connected, when I try and do a search I get the following.....

Command: CWD / epg.dat
Response: 550 Failed to change directory.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Command: CWD / epg.dat
Response: 550 Failed to change directory.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Right I've had a look and that folder doesn't exist on my set up.....

Are you sure you dont have a etc/enigma2 folder???
where the hell does that image store its bouquets and settings etc

oops my bad, there is a folder there, no epg data in it though.......

If the folder /usr/crossepg/data has 4 files ending with .db, crossepg.log, epg.dat.ext and epg.dat then that is the contents of a download to Internal Flash so you can remove the data folder. Then check to see where crossepg is set to store the EPG, change it and then perform a manual download.

I'm still waiting for the update of epg.dat to fail, sods law really, when you want it to fail it doesn't.

thanks mate, this is what is in the data folder.

18-04-201221-32-41.jpg

You can safely remove that folder as it's just the contents of a download. That should get you space back on the Internal Flash. Then make sure you have the modded crossepg_setup.py installed as per the sticky above, reboot, set CrossEPG to USB/HDD then do a manual download. Hopefully, that should fix the problem of it reverting to Internal.

Thought I'd keep this a separate post, my EPG.DAT file failed to update this morning.

My debug logs didn't conclusively prove that the os.system call failed but I replaced the file that it's calling, crossepg_epgcopy with a shell script that simply did an echo to a file and didn't get an output file, which sort of proves that the command is failing but Python doesn't realise that it has.

Replacing the call did prove a bit of a headache as there are no additional library files included in Engima2 that can be used but I did find a library file called subprocess.pyo, copied the file to my box and for now have replaced os.system call with subprocess.call. Manually tested it and the the EPG.DAT does updated as per the old call.

I would really liked to have to tested before the change and after the change without having to reboot the box but whilst debugging the failure this morning the box restarted Enigma2 all by itself which obviously means that the old call then starts to work.

Just a case of waiting now I suppose. If anybody feels like testing let me know and I'll upload the required files.

i dont mind trying it for you m8, just post the file and explain what to do :)

sounds good mate, i'd be happy to test, wont be able to tonight though

i dont mind trying it for you m8, just post the file and explain what to do :)

2 takers :)

I'll get the files prepared tonight when I'm on my own personal laptop rather than the works. The revised .py file currently has a shit load of debug lines in it so I'll remove those before posting.

You can safely remove that folder as it's just the contents of a download. That should get you space back on the Internal Flash. Then make sure you have the modded crossepg_setup.py installed as per the sticky above, reboot, set CrossEPG to USB/HDD then do a manual download. Hopefully, that should fix the problem of it reverting to Internal.

HERO! lol! your da man!

Right deleted that folder and then done as you say in the tut......when I've gone back into DCC and then had a look for that folder again it's not there..

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/systemPlugins/CrossEPG overwriting the existing crossepg_setup.py file.

I had installed it 1st (The other night and done your tut before finding out that the recording wasn't working)

How ever, recording working again! woot woot!

Thanks man, you've put some well good effort into all of this mate, top award!

And if you want me to do any testing with any thing then just holla at me...

thanks again for your efforts.

Dibbs.

20-04-201219-53-36.jpg

screensho312t.jpg

screenshoramt.jpg

For the people who want to test out the mod which may or may not fix the failure to update EPG.DAT, I've attached 2 files.

The first is subprocess.zip, unzip and copy the file subprocess.pyo to the folder /usr/lib/python2.6.

The second is crossepg_loader.zip, unzip and copy the file crossepg_loader.py to the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG, delete the file crossepg_loader.pyo and then reboot enigma2.

Attachments

• subprocess.zip
    8 KB · Views: 10
  • crossepg_loader.zip
    2 KB · Views: 10
Will get that sorted in the morning m8, wife is watching tv at moment :(

For the people who want to test out the mod which may or may not fix the failure to update EPG.DAT, I've attached 2 files.

The first is subprocess.zip, unzip and copy the file subprocess.pyo to the folder /usr/lib/python2.6.

The second is crossepg_loader.zip, unzip and copy the file crossepg_loader.py to the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG, delete the file crossepg_loader.pyo and then reboot enigma2.

done and done :) cross has been ok and then being silly after every 2 - 3 days so i guess we'll see what happens :)

mine all done, but im still going to do manual download twice a week see how that works out hopefully without rebooting in between :)

done and done :) cross has been ok and then being silly after every 2 - 3 days so i guess we'll see what happens :)

Mine would sometimes go for 4-5 days without problems, currently on 2nd day, so guess I/we will know in around a weeks time.

Last edited:
Ive put both files on restarted enigma as requested :)
will keep tabs on it as of now

mine updates daily as set up in config
I wont reboot unless I really need too to keep tabs on the fixes

thanks mate

Just a quick unrelated question, I've got my box set to record the mma tonight, it goes on until 6am which obviously clashes with the 4am crossepg download, if there are recordings set will it not update or will cross just help itself to take over and stick the box in radio mode thus interrupting the recording? I've changed the update time just incase but even so, I still wonder..

I dont think it will make any difference at all mate
mine is set to 8.30am

:)

Back