Cross EPG/Internal Flash

menu
plugins
green
extensions
xmltvimport
xmltvimport-rytec

Not tried them myself.
I put a hdd in my box yesterdayday so will see if I get the data moving to internal flash.
I'll have a look mate thanx! cant get near the tv at the moment though, misus is watching muppets in space :Frog: lol

It can take upto a week before it happens m8,
I have put an entry into my fstab file to see it that helps,in case it a mounting fault,
3 days and counting now ;)

cant wait for the results!

if theres anything you want me to test then im happy to as it seems to revert at least within 3 days for me!

cant wait for the results! if theres anything you want me to test then im happy to as it seems to revert at least within 3 days for me!

Ok I have added the line in red to my fstab file which is in /etc folder,I am doing this just to be sure its not a mounting problem,as this will ensure that the usb is definitely mounted every morning when I turn on my box
001_smile.gif

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0

Last edited:
after it had reverted back to flash, then I could not map the usb or the HDD . if that helps I have no ideas......

It can take upto a week before it happens m8,
I have put an entry into my fstab file to see it that helps,in case it a mounting fault,
3 days and counting now ;)

5 days and counting :)

after it had reverted back to flash, then I could not map the usb or the HDD . if that helps I have no ideas......

That's what mine does then I have to restart enigma 2 reselect the USB stick and then manually redownload all the epg data. Infuriating, done it again today, it's deffo at least every 2 - 3 days for me :(

Wiz im gonna check to make sure my file matches what you have posted :)

must be a plug-in fault my 800hd is fine . only reflashed yesterday and downloaded and worked first time

must be a plug-in fault my 800hd is fine . only reflashed yesterday and downloaded and worked first time

But does it stay on your usb stick or does it revert back to the internal flash anywhere between 1-7 days later?

just stays on usb , it says harddrive but havnt got one , so it thinks its a hd l think , but never changes

might be because you aint got a HDD installed
what verstion of crossepg is installed mate ?

me or him lol .. lm on 0.6.2

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
menu
plugins
green
extensions
xmltvimport
xmltvimport-rytec

Not tried them myself.
I put a hdd in my box yesterdayday so will see if I get the data moving to internal flash.

Got this installed now and it works, you can set it to download at set times like cross, but there isn't an option where to store the epg data which makes me think it's probably writing it to the internal flash anyway lol typical.

Wiz since adding that line of code, how is your cross settings holding up? You were up to 5 days the other day, still good?

Wiz since adding that line of code, how is your cross settings holding up? You were up to 5 days the other day, still good?

6 days and holding firm after several reboots and enigma2 restarts plus I always turn off the box everynight :)

6 days and holding firm after several reboots and enigma2 restarts plus I always turn off the box everynight :)

just ftp'ed into mine and /dev/sdb1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0 was already an entry :(

I've re-added it again at the bottom though, just incase lol at the moment im willing to try anything

just ftp'ed into mine and /dev/sdb1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0 was already an entry :(

I've re-added it again at the bottom though, just incase lol at the moment im willing to try anything

Thats strange m8 what image are you using?

dbuk 2.1.1.

I originally mounted the usb stick via ts panel but when it was still giving me jip I mounted it via the blue button > DBUK > device manager.

maybe i'll try the DW image, see if I have anymore luck.

we could just ditch it and go back to the TV times.....:S

lol! word! you know I hate defeat! onwards and upwards! be mint when this is sorted then, hopefully wizz has got it! it's a long time to wait to see if it's worked or not though ain't it? I say bring back ceefax! but with 6 colours this time!

lol! word! you know I hate defeat! onwards and upwards! be mint when this is sorted then, hopefully wizz has got it! it's a long time to wait to see if it's worked or not though ain't it? I say bring back ceefax! but with 6 colours this time!

And in HD lol could you imagine the amount of text onscreen at a time?

teletexthd.gif

But yeah im hoping wiz has cracked it although his suggestion doesn't seem to work for me but if it works for him I'll be flashing whatever image he's using even if its all pink with only a village people theme lol

to tell you the truth I never even noticed mine doing it, has no effect on the box until I went to un-install it and then seen that it was internal flash! wish I hadn't looked now! lol!

What you saying about wiz like?

:tongue:

Back