Credit card question

Spudchops

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just bought a new carpet and decided to buy it on credit card incase of any problems.

Just paid £1260 onto what I thought was said credit card but I have paid it into wrong card. So now I have £1260 credit on my card. If I transfer money back to my account they charge me 3% which is about £37. Have just spent 50mins on hold for customer services only to get cut off.

Do you think they will reimburse this as it was an error or will they try and fleece me out of the £37. If I close the account will they fleece me?

If I have to pay £37 either way then I will close the account but I wonder if there is any way to get money back without paying a fee.

Anyone with any experience of this kind of thing

Thanks

Nath

credit cards are the tools of satan.

bin that shit.

depends on the bank, most lenders will overlook an indescretion if you tell them about it early enough. not however if you are a habitual offender. just explain the mistake the best you can.
other banks wont entertain you at all, and just fleece you anyway they can.

Think I may have explained this wrong.

Credit card balance was zero. Bought a carpet for £1260 on card A. Paid £1260 from bank onto credit card B. Need to get money from credit card B back into account so I can pay it onto credit card A. Bought it on credit card incase they fucked up the fitting of the carpet or if I had any problems. Dont owe anything on my cards just use them for protection on certain purchases. Just made a boob this time.

Dont understand the habitual offender comment as paying money onto a credit card to put it in credit is not really an offence was just a mistake.

Just wondered if there is a way of getting money back without having to pay 3% transfer fee to put it back into current account. There is one way I can think of but it would take a while.

I could goto local supermarket and buy a packet of crisps or something and get £50 cash back 26 times but it is time consuming.

Any (constructive) ideas.

:proud:

Are they the same company cards, 2 cards from your bank maybe. If it is they should do it, if not you will just have to use your charm. :Clap:

Also sorry m8 but cash back only works with Debit cards not credit.

One is PDSA (MBNA) and other is abbey or santander now (MBNA) but I spent 45 mins on bloody hold then got cut off.

Bugger about cash back.

Oh well if they gonna charge me 3% either way I will close both accounts **** them.

or might goto carpet people and ask them to refund original credit card and repay with credit card that is in credit.

Worth a punt....Just dont want greedy bastards to get £37 for nowt

One is PDSA (MBNA) and other is abbey or santander now (MBNA) but I spent 45 mins on bloody hold then got cut off.

Bugger about cash back.

Oh well if they gonna charge me 3% either way I will close both accounts **** them.

or might goto carpet people and ask them to refund original credit card and repay with credit card that is in credit.

Worth a punt....Just dont want greedy bastards to get £37 for nowt

thats probably a better plan, however the carpet shop may not refund you on a product thats not there. and quite ossibly they will get charged for the transaction too.

My CC went into positive balance due to my bank being bungling idiots and messing... Enough of my problems. I gather that your card went positive?

I went to the bank and asked them if I would get charged for withdrawing the extra money (returning the balance to £0) and I was told that they couldn't charge me as it was my money.

Exactly right Spectre. Managed to get hold of credit card today and they gonna refund to my account. cant charge 3% on my money so problem solved.

Lol

What a cock eh paying money to wrong card.

Oh well

reading through my credit card the feckers want to charge me for having a positive balance if i pay too much off 18% if i dont pay it off and a £20 charge for having positive credit lol

what i meant by habitual offender was if you ask them to rectify problems on a regular basis. glad you got it sorted m8.

Lol wasn't moaning bud, thought I had explained it wrong and people got the impression I was getting default late sums.

Cheers for all the advice

Yes I got told that by my Card Company that i cant have a positive balance rounded payment up to £1 from 96p when paid balance. Soon fukin charge you if late with payment though.

Back