Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X QSB.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

Il reduce them not the best at soldering but i have checked they are not shorting. think that is the problem as well i cant disable it as i knackered the lk 1 solder points, but that explain a lot. The points look wrong ? i appreciate your help thanks lee

1. Reduce the size of the solder blobs on the points on the CR, they are so big they look almost as if they are about to short out
specially the ones between live & GND and E & F. The same apply to the ends at the motherboard.

2. The D wire (CPU_RST) looks exposed and is touching over the motherboard at some point, you'd better to wrap this point in electrical tape or replace the whole cable as touching any point on the motherboard could cause a short and therefore damaging both the glitch chip, motherboard or both.

3. Your wiring install for live, E & F points looks wrong.

4. I also noticed that you're using what so called CR rev D which is obviously a Chinese product. As I don't know about them you must make sure the oscillator on board is disabled if you connect the STBY_CLK cable else it will cause short. This might explain why you weren't able to read/write the NAND previously.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

Yes i realized afterwards its a fake rev d, have problems getting a cr3 lite which i think would be better or rev c as u cant pay via paypal so i am using ebay to get a the things i need. thanks lee

Check the attached image, I've marked the points for Live, E & F so trace your cables from the glitch chip back to these on the motherboard.

Both CR3 Lite & CR Rev C are discontinued, so any ones you find out there will be probably clones. For future consider others such as squirt 1.2 BGA which works brilliantly on slims.

Attachments

• points.jpg
    points.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

umm different to mine i used the diagram from j runner that give me the points i have soldered to so mine are wrong ? thanks lee

Check the attached image, I've marked the points for Live, E & F so trace your cables from the glitch chip back to these on the motherboard.

The images on J-Runner are correct, you just miss interpreted them because they are enlarged and don't show the whole points and hence you thought that you should solder from the top.

This is why we ask for pictures in cases like this as it would cut down a lot of Q&A time and in most cases pin point problems straight away.

Thanks for that i have checked so many times but come to conclusion they where correct. It wouldnt be advisable to connect the coolrunner i have now as i cant disable the crystal and will short if i do ? thanks lee

I have double checked your pictures and I'm certain that they are incorrect, but lets take a second opinion on this!

Thanks for that i have checked so many times but come to conclusion they where correct. It wouldnt be advisable to connect the coolrunner i have now as i cant disable the crystal and will short if i do ? thanks lee

I have no doubt you are correct, i am new to this i usually stick to just flashing the drives lol. I will change them but i will have to wait for a new cool runner before i can test it, i dont want to cause a short after knackering the lk1 jumper pads. Thanks appreciate your time and help.

Leave the STBY_CLK, just reconnect the live, E & F wires to the points I showed you. Then see if the glitcher will blink when the console is powered?

Leave it on or should i desolder form the cool runner? as it is connected on the alternate point, sorry i just want to be sure and not blow anything thanks lee.

Leave the STBY_CLK, just reconnect the live, E & F wires to the points I showed you. Then see if the glitcher will blink when the console is powered?

No, I meant leave the STBY_CLK from the glitcher and do not connect it. Here what I would do if I were you:

1. Flash stock NAND to console and disabling the glitcher. Then see if the console boots as normal?

2. Enable the glitcher and make sure the live, E & F points connected as I showed you.

3. Write the trinity.ecc file to the console and see if powers on and if the glitcher is blinking or not (make sure your NAND programmer is disconnected from your PC at this point).

Already flashed back to stock nand and it booted fine. I will do it now and let you know thanks.

No, I meant leave the STBY_CLK from the glitcher and do not connect it. Here what I would do if I were you:

1. Flash stock NAND to console and disabling the glitcher. Then see if the console boots as normal?

2. Enable the glitcher and make sure the live, E & F points connected as I showed you.

3. Write the trinity.ecc file to the console and see if powers on and if the glitcher is blinking or not (make sure your NAND programmer is disconnected from your PC at this point).

I have now rewired it and it is booting but no glitch light just the red light which is now very bright in comparison before and running exactly 3.3v. The setup is right so now i just need a working cool runner ? thanks lee

Now could do with pictures of where the CPU_RST & POST_OUT are soldered to at the bottom of the board.

This the bottom as requested green wire is the stby clk desoldered from the coolrunner. thanks leeDSC_0622.jpgDSC_0623.jpgDSC_0624.jpgDSC_0625.jpg

Now could do with pictures of where the CPU_RST & POST_OUT are soldered to at the bottom of the board.

Are you sure CR is faulty?

Flash the ECC, remove programmer. Reboot. If it boots to Xell, well and good. You can create image and flash using USB. If it is faulty, all you have to do is progarm new CR when it comes and solder to wires. You can't do more than that for now.

i damaged the bridging points o i believe lk1 the one u have to bridge to stop the crystal only the left pad of the bridge is left. Thanks lee

Are you sure CR is faulty?

Flash the ECC, remove programmer. Reboot. If it boots to Xell, well and good. You can create image and flash using USB. If it is faulty, all you have to do is progarm new CR when it comes and solder to wires. You can't do more than that for now.

Picture please. May be fixable.

Why aren't you using the FT4R2 point for your CPU_RST (D wire)? Connect to that point with an average of 50-46 cm wire and see if the chip blinks. If you've disabled the oscillator you need to connect the STBY_CLK if you enable it then no need for the STBY_CLK.

Back