Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X QSB.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

You do not remove the resistor , you solder a wire from the resistor to the via point.Why did you remove the resistor prag?
I would advise noone to do this it means removing the resistor and it will **** up your console completely I have been speaking to those in the know on tx forums and they advise me to get a 24p resistor from maplins.

Re: Coolrunner installed, Nand-X Installed .. Not Booting up , No Nand Read. Nand-X Q

The resistor is 33 or 34 ohms, so they dont know that much ;) Whatever 24p is in resistor values is anyones guess, unless they think it's a capacitor?

As you wish, though. I shall no longer offer you assistance in any form.

Happy new year.

I think he means in monetary value oggy.
The resistor is 33 or 34 ohms, so they dont know that much ;) Whatever 24p is in resistor values is anyones guess, unless they think it's a capacitor?

As you wish, though. I shall no longer offer you assistance in any form.

Happy new year.

Yeah maybe, still, whats hard about ripping a smd resistor from a rrod. Even phats share the same value.

Hi just been reading about this after my slim trinity wouldnt boot, i wired from the resistor to the alternate point and it powered and got the nand dumps. i read you have to fix teh short by tracing it like the pics which i have done and removed the wire from the alternate point is this right?, it will not now boot again. Do i need to have wire from the resistor to the alternate point as well??. Any help would be gratefully received, before i fixed the trace i wirited ecc it then give me red dot after a few minutes at best, what i have done wrong ??. thanks lee

Really need pictures of your install before giving an advice. Also check the resistance across the resistor and see what it registers, it should read 33ohms?

Hi just been reading about this after my slim trinity wouldnt boot, i wired from the resistor to the alternate point and it powered and got the nand dumps. i read you have to fix teh short by tracing it like the pics which i have done and removed the wire from the alternate point is this right?, it will not now boot again. Do i need to have wire from the resistor to the alternate point as well??. Any help would be gratefully received, before i fixed the trace i wirited ecc it then give me red dot after a few minutes at best, what i have done wrong ??. thanks lee

Yeh its reading 330ohms, do i put the cool runner orange wire to alternate point ?. I have checked all the soldering is fine and was fine as it read the nand etc. Booted before i removed the wire from transistor to alternate point, however it kept shutting off every couple of minutes red spot secondary code was 0441 i think. Thanks for the reply i will get some pics 2moro. Thanks lee

Really need pictures of your install before giving an advice. Also check the resistance across the resistor and see what it registers, it should read 33ohms?

Again it's very hard to tell without pictures as we need to know what kind of damage is there and what kind of repair has been attempted. In principal we shown in the picture below the trace between points (A) & (B) needs to be complete while you can attached the orange STBY_CLK wire where the orange arrow points. You can also use the alternative point for the STBY_CLK wire.

stby_clk_repair.jpg

Yeh its reading 330ohms, do i put the cool runner orange wire to alternate point ?. I have checked all the soldering is fine and was fine as it read the nand etc. Booted before i removed the wire from transistor to alternate point, however it kept shutting off every couple of minutes red spot secondary code was 0441 i think. Thanks for the reply i will get some pics 2moro. Thanks lee

It is a trinity slim i have retraced wired from left side of transistor to via first via point afterwards. checked it for continuity at the last via point. Its only reading around 1 volt standby is that right ? the voltage is the same all the way down the trace to last via. I havent attached orange wire yet but will do, i noticed a dim red light on the cool runner its only around a volt to it should be 3.3v?. Thanks for the help.

Again it's very hard to tell without pictures as we need to know what kind of damage is there and what kind of repair has been attempted. In principal we shown in the picture below the trace between points (A) & (B) needs to be complete while you can attached the orange STBY_CLK wire where the orange arrow points. You can also use the alternative point for the STBY_CLK wire.

View attachment 76048

UPDATE I have managed to get it to boot, but the cool runner light is very dim red one. The j r programmer seems to have problems reading and writing to nand seems the cool runner interferes with jr and only works for a few seconds then doesn't detect read write ect. I have moved the switch to prog but still the light stays on and it wont read or write, i am not getting 3,3v from the point where red wire is soldered. Thanks lee

What happens if you de-solder coolrunner? Insulate cables please.

I was thinking same thing, just to see if it will then read and write do i desolder from the motherboard or the wires from the cool runner ? i presume if i insulate the wires it will be fine ?. What concerns me when i writed ecc as soon as it finished writing it turned itself on with the jr still on, however it has worked since as described in my previous post. Thanks lee

What happens if you de-solder coolrunner? Insulate cables please.

UPDATE i remove the gnd and the suppose to be 3.3v the red wire and jr worked perfect. Unforunately i have knackered the coolrunner trying solder the bridges on the box 1 j runner tutorial diagram. The 3.3v was reading around 2 v and was very dim. thanx lee

Have you checked the voltages on the mobo? Does it read 3.3V?

no it read exactly the same around 2 volts i will test it again to be sure.

Have you checked the voltages on the mobo? Does it read 3.3V?

I have double checked r1d5 is reading 3.3v with the cool runner gnd and 3.3v disconnected the 3.3v point read 3.3v, when i connected the gnd and 33.v back to the runner it read 1.7 v. Is this the gnd causing the drop ?? thanx lee

The cable by itself will not cause the voltage drop.

I think there is something wrong with your glitch chip. Please wait for opinions from others.

Post pictures of your install. Two sets of eyes better than one......

DSC_0618.jpgDSC_0619.jpgDSC_0620.jpgDSC_0621.jpg

very likely it lights very bright when it plugged into j r programmer, but very dim obviously because of the dip in voltage. Pica added.

The cable by itself will not cause the voltage drop.

I think there is something wrong with your glitch chip. Please wait for opinions from others.

Post pictures of your install. Two sets of eyes better than one......

1. Reduce the size of the solder blobs on the points on the CR, they are so big they look almost as if they are about to short out
specially the ones between live & GND and E & F. The same apply to the ends at the motherboard.

2. The D wire (CPU_RST) looks exposed and is touching over the motherboard at some point, you'd better to wrap this point in electrical tape or replace the whole cable as touching any point on the motherboard could cause a short and therefore damaging both the glitch chip, motherboard or both.

3. Your wiring install for live, E & F points looks wrong.

4. I also noticed that you're using what so called CR rev D which is obviously a Chinese product. As I don't know about them you must make sure the oscillator on board is disabled if you connect the STBY_CLK cable else it will cause short. This might explain why you weren't able to read/write the NAND previously.

Last edited:
Back