Cool TV Guide v5.0.1 (Coolman) [ipk]

sorry mate yes it should I thought you wanted this to replace your rytec epg lol
press blue and the goto cool tv guide

while in the guide press menu to navigate and change things :)

if its not showing restart enigma :)

Yeah it's not showing, should the cool tv guide now be in the blue panel then? tried restarting enigma but still nothing

I dont see why not ?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/279192/ here is the most upto date version

I dont image layout but FTP ipk to temp and install via box menu via software management, install local extention

Tried that but all it found was crossepg which it installed, that's now on the box but even tough the cooltv guide is in the temp folder it doesn't find it when it searches for it via software management-install local extension

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, when i go to menu, set up, plugins i get the message :

some plugins are not available: Extensions/coolTVguide(_init_() got an unexpected keyword argument 'needs restart')

any ideas?

After a quick google it looks like the older version will work, anywhere i can get v4.0 to try?

Last edited:
here ya go mate

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V4.0.0_all.ipk
    173.7 KB · Views: 31
Cheers mate, tried that and i'm still getting the same error :bangshead:

I've even tried it on my other dm800Hd and it's giving me that error, that has an older version on blachole on it.

could it just be the image?

Is there a updated version that will work on a clone?

Im using SE clone and both 5.1.0 and 5.0.1 work on mine mate

Sorry, i meant a updated version of the image, Blackhole/dream elite

sorry mate I have no idea
I use DW image (PLi)

Ok, no worries mate, i might just try another image then and se if that works, thnks a lot for your help anyway

It's probably the python problem of CoolTV being compiled with later versions of Python than some older images use. On TM800HD I think it's 2.x.x that still works. By the sounds of if you've now got a broken plugin installed - if you can manage to unfudge it then try the older version. If it is in tmp and not being picked up by installing through the menus, then telnet into your box and install it manually:

ipkg install tmp/<filename>.ipk

Sorry mate, I don't really know what you mean by the python problem?

Do I just type the above in the telnet screen on dcc, I've never used telnet to transfer anything into the dreambox

worth a try :)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V2.2.2_all.ipk
    326.7 KB · Views: 21
Sorry mate, I don't really know what you mean by the python problem?

Do I just type the above in the telnet screen on dcc, I've never used telnet to transfer anything into the dreambox

It just means the later versions of CoolTv have been written in a newer version of code than some older images will work with.

I've not used dcc but if it's just a standard telnet session then yes. Upload the ipk file first and then replace <filename>.ipk with whatever file you've uploaded to tmp - [tip] if you use the file Rat posted I'd suggest renaming it to something shorter first ;) (no spaces)

Having said that however, I wouldn't try it until you've gotten rid of the bodged version you've already installed that's throwing up errors in your plugins page.

It just means the later versions of CoolTv have been written in a newer version of code than some older images will work with.

I've not used dcc but if it's just a standard telnet session then yes. Upload the ipk file first and then replace <filename>.ipk with whatever file you've uploaded to tmp - [tip] if you use the file Rat posted I'd suggest renaming it to something shorter first ;) (no spaces)

Having said that however, I wouldn't try it until you've gotten rid of the bodged version you've already installed that's throwing up errors in your plugins page.

unistalled any versions of cooltv i had via the tspanel, tried the above in telent and i'm geting "can't open XXXX no such file", yet it is in tmp??

lol, you don't need the < > that's just a way of saying "insert your own text" when giving an example.

If the file you uploaded was called coolmanv4.ipk then type:

ipkg install tmp/coolmanv4.ipk

Back