HDMI Out from broken Android phone to TV (or another solution)

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
trying to help a friend retrieve their pictures from their broken mobile phone - screen smashed. If you plug the phone into a laptop you dont get any USB devices available and you cant see whats going on, on the phone.

I noticed you can get a a USB-C to HDMI to output to a TV but obviously this wouldnt help get the pictures off. Then I noticed you can get some with USB so I was thinking if I could use a device connected to that to display to the TV and see whats going on.

Has anyone done anything similar? There's no microSD card in the phone so the pictures must be on the internal memory.... They've been quoted over £100 to get the screen replaced which seems a bit steep (but if there's no other way to see if the pictures are there)

Thanks!

Surely there is a PC/Laptop app for the model/make of the mobile where you can see the storage?
Try installing that first on the PC/Laptop then try again.

Turns out they went and got the screen replaced anyway so my services are no longer required :D

Turns out they went and got the screen replaced anyway so my services are no longer required :D
For next time, perhaps you could use a usb mouse, and display port output plugged in at the same time.
Usually usb keyboard/mouse support is standard for these devices.
Something like this would have probably done the trick.

Anyone out there use Samsung Dex? I personally love it.

I plugged my Samsung S21 into a Dell Usb-c WD-15 Docking station with Wireless kb / mouse out to my 40" TV works fairly well. Also can fully use Citrix Workspace on it like a pc.

Back