connecting to plex from outside lan

I would say it is the upload speed m8 tbh

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Thanks m8, thought it may be. Just when I tried streaming on my Zykel nas even the sd would not stream without buffering. Still got 8gb of ram on the way anyway.

Thanks
Calisto

Thanks m8, thought it may be. Just when I tried streaming on my Zykel nas even the sd would not stream without buffering. Still got 8gb of ram on the way anyway.

Thanks
Calisto

You could be right m8,and the ram wont do any harm thats for sure :)

Lets know how it goes please

why dont you play with the settings, the most reliable ive found even on my 120mb down and 10mb up is 1mb to mobile phone, i would limit the settings to from 720kbs to 1.5mb up and try that.
If your brave and its a member of the family, you could also give them the sign in details to your server and allow them to pin the folders over (or you could send them directly over from your server if your a premium member), i do this with the inlaws as there connection is very iffy.
Ive got mine running (for well over a year now) on a mac mini 2012 ivy bridge, it converts hd inc 1080p very quickly. That is married up to a 12tb nas array.

why dont you play with the settings, the most reliable ive found even on my 120mb down and 10mb up is 1mb to mobile phone, i would limit the settings to from 720kbs to 1.5mb up and try that.
If your brave and its a member of the family, you could also give them the sign in details to your server and allow them to pin the folders over (or you could send them directly over from your server if your a premium member), i do this with the inlaws as there connection is very iffy.
Ive got mine running (for well over a year now) on a mac mini 2012 ivy bridge, it converts hd inc 1080p very quickly. That is married up to a 12tb nas array.

Have dropped it down to 750kb to see how that goes. Also how do youu send them directly over from your server if you a premium member?

Thanks

Yes it still works the same way but you also get cloud sync and the ability to store it locally which saves buffering. Cloud sync is very good as you link your Dropbox, Google drive etc and sync the files there as well. Then your client can watch them off there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yes it still works the same way but you also get cloud sync and the ability to store it locally which saves buffering. Cloud sync is very good as you link your Dropbox, Google drive etc and sync the files there as well. Then your client can watch them off there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

This is how I have got it set up but still buffering on 720p

plex.jpg

have you tried to disable direct stream etc so it transcodes on the fly?.
also is your port mapped correctly on your router?
I take it streaming on your home network is ok?

have you tried to disable direct stream etc so it transcodes on the fly?.
also is your port mapped correctly on your router?
I take it streaming on your home network is ok?

Port is mapped correctly & streaming is fine on home network. Will try the disable direct stream & see how it goes.

Many thanks for your help Audio & I knew there was another Hammers fan on here ;-)

Last edited:
Back