Commando 5 feedback area

well when looking over the threads it seems like the mgcamd as passed some tests for using less resources so also may be quicker than the rest to clear

so maybe that might be an interesting test to compare them to see which clears the quickest m8 be and the changing channels and clearing as well though

have fun!

cheers

Found a new problem with recording. When you start a recording via the timer, the box either hangs or doesn't stop recording when it's done, and I have to pull out the power cable to reboot the box.

It seems the only problem people have been experiencing really is over recording. I've never really used this since I have a PVR.

The only bug I've found so far is trying to upload xml files via the web interface doesn't work, they have to be FTP'd across. And FTP on IE doesn't work as the directory is too high. Using Firefox it's just a case of pressing up to a higher directory and the problem is solved.

The couple of tweaks I've made are the infobar change - didn't realise that needed turning on. I've hot-keyed radio switching to the yellow button, that was a feature in older images that has been useful. Sort of missing a picture on radio but I'm sure that's because the image is quite large. Also switched standby on in the menus, and since it's the first new image for me in a long time I overhauled myservices to get rid of the crappy stuff (although avago appears to be blank, as does quiz call and the dating channel says not available - have these been removed?)

Someone mentioned kiss arsing earlier. There's no way I'm kiss arsing at all, this is a professional image, is rock solid and has some amazing features on it. It has also been one of the fastest I have used, and for picture quality I haven't found a better one.

Small problems really - although I'm sure Hunter won't mind us pointing them out, and they're all constructive comments so far, I hope we will remember we're not paying anything for a commercial quality package here! Besides, if we're very polite we may get 5.1 which has these bugs sorted in the future.

For now though I don't care, I'm too busy getting as many people on this image as I can.

WOW! alot of posts to read thru since I posted last night:)

First, thanks Hunter, when i get 5mins I'll put your image back on my box and create you a image file so you can see what is happening mate.

I'll try and explain it a bit better, with sectiond on and the correct location info it finds lots of chans such as "BBC ONE" "BBC NEWS 24" etc that I already have and when you go to the services.xml to check the tsid and freq info incase they have just been moved by TW they info dont seem to relate to anything and when you try tuning to 1 of these chans you just get the black screen with "channel not available", hope that makes a bit more sense.
Another bug which is really wierd and I cant work it out, is when I put my .xml files into Commando 5, for some reason "Setanta Sports PPV" would not appear in my channel list, only noticed it yesterday when was tuning to PremPlus for the football, so figured I'd go back to The Don's image for now, never had any issues with Commando images before, they're always been great.

ftp problem with command 5

Hi

I have just flashed my box with commendo 5 image and everything seem to go ok

No I cannot seem to connect using FTP

I type in the address of the box, it comes up asking for a password but now all i get is a blank screen. I cannot see the files/folders and so I cannot upload my services.xml file

any ideas.
I have tried passwords dbox and dbox2 but neither seem to work

I did some more testing of the recording function, and it does seem to get stuck every time on timer recordings, and it also produces a lot more recording errors on timed recordings compared to manual ones. I run my TS files through MPEG2Repair, and the log files have so far shown no errors on any of my 30 minute recordings on manual, but when using timer, I can easily end up with 8-10 errors.

Since the recording issues are most likely part of the CVS, it's probably not the Commando team's fault, but I thought I would just mention it anyway.

Btw, when I had the audio problem on Don and Lincsat's latest images, I took PT-1's advice and posted a question about it on the tuxbox forums, where someone who seemed to know what he was talking about suggested that I "Switch the SPTS-Fix AVIA 500 to off". This option is not available in any of the recent UK images I have seen, but I wonder if any of you Commando guys might know what it means exactly, and if so. perhaps it could be included in future releases to see if it solves the problem?

Well just flashed this image onto my 2x box and everything is sweet so far. Very happy bunny i am at this moment. Was using TX before and it was starting to lose audio sync and channel change slow but this is superb. Many thanks to the image makers.

I'm also having MoviePlayer problems with this image. Often at around the 20 minute mark of playback, it will start to stutter and go out of sync, and I have also sometimes had it simply drop out completely after a few buffering pauses. Skipping forwards and backwards seems to increase the likelihood of this happening.

A shame. I hate to rag on it, considering all the hard work of the Commando team, and it does seem like a nice image, but with both recording and movieplayer causing this many problems, I think I'm going back to my old image for now.

Hi

I have just flashed my box with commendo 5 image and everything seem to go ok

No I cannot seem to connect using FTP

I type in the address of the box, it comes up asking for a password but now all i get is a blank screen. I cannot see the files/folders and so I cannot upload my services.xml file

any ideas.
I have tried passwords dbox and dbox2 but neither seem to work

You will be able to connect to it using FTP, just not Internet Explorer. I use the command line prompt instead which is why I'm not that bothered, but if you don't use that, you'll have to download something like CuteFTP I'd say because on IE it doesn't log in at the top level. (As with always, the user name is root and the password is blank).

Last edited:
THank you

i do have a slight problem with the updating keys but changed into newcam updated straight away

You will be able to connect to it using FTP, just not Internet Explorer. I use the command line prompt instead which is why I'm not that bothered, but if you don't use that, you'll have to download something like CuteFTP I'd say because on IE it doesn't log in at the top level. (As with always, the user name is root and the password is blank).

Thanks stewie

I will give that a go

Commando image works wonderfully in derbyshire area... great picture quality beats sportster by a mile, only problem is some occasional sticking, and a bit slow on channel change, but pic quality makes up for the occasional hickups.

another excellent image from team commando. no freezes or lockups.
good pic and the usual stability

thanks team commando for another excellent piece of work

what settings have to be changed for sagems, ive upgraded from commando 4 and sly 1 and a few of the other channels have unacceptable snr making them impossible to watch

Hi

Been using it over the weekend, excellent image sharp picture and very stable no freezes or any probs.

Thanks Team Commando for another excellent image.

Hi guys,

Just a little glitch with this image. After being in standby for a while when you turn it on the picture has frozen. A quick channel change sorts it out but just wandering if anyone else has had this? Running on a Nokia 2x

This image has been excellent. Stablity has been perfect except when recording using the timer from the epg. It seems to record perfectly and end the recording perfectly, the only problem is that everything locks up, the channel u just recorded plays fine but nothing else works. If i set a times manually, it seems to work ok.

If this small issue can be sorted it will be in my eyes without doubt the best image yet

Cheers lads

the image is good so far but with some annoying problems after a while when i change channel theres no picture i've tried going up and down with no luck i've changed the ucodes to 001 and 0014 vortex and built in with no luck ive also changed the emu setting tried every one point is it doesent really mater what i change to if i reboot it seems ok any ideas on the best settings to use

Nothing wrong with this image for me it has been running a few days now and very stable one of the best so far well done Team Commando u know who you are lol

Back