Commando 5 feedback area

Only BBC1 & BBC2

Flashed commando 5 onto my box today and copied over sercice & bouquets from my old image and only got BBC1 & BBC2 did a full scan and played around with the cams but no change. The 'key' symbol at the bottom of the info bar is highlighted in all channels except for 1 & 2!!

Flashed my previous image back on and has exactly the same proble only getting BBC1 & BBC2. It was all working fine before. Has got me stumped.

Any ideas please?: shocked2

So far, this is the best dbox image I have used. Thank you for the image conversion on the 1x box as well - there are no sound issues with this. I have been using Pacino up to now, but more frequently than not I had that annoying sound issue (where I had to go into audio options and cycle through PCM, LLRC etc back to the first one before any audio came on any channel).

This is the fastest image I have used as well, with a fantastic web interface also. The little things - all Net ID's already entered, the weather menus, the webcams - all fantastic stuff.

This is all a big credit to those who have produced it, and with each new image the bar is raised that little bit higher!

the key signal implies that the channels are locked.

Cracking image guys. Love the blue button menus far easier to play with the settings now. Seems stable. Only slight problem was when i stopped a recording the box stopped responding to the remote, a reboot did the trick.

Thanks again to team commando:Cheers:

cheers for all the replies guys, it means a lot to us to see how much your enjoying it
:Cheers: :Cheers:

I have the same problem with one box. OK on the other.
How do you get round this 'locked' business then ?

Cheers in advance

Why would channels now be locked when I was able to view them before? There would be no need to set my location as I copied over my own bouquet and services file. When I flashed my old image back it was a full image backup that was working minutes before flashing with the new commando so it should just work - shouldnt it? Always has in the past.

cheers for all the replies guys, it means a lot to us to see how much your enjoying it
:Cheers: :Cheers:
Seriously hunter when images are this good this is the appreciation you should expect!!:Clap: thx again to all involved this image is wicked! top notch!:Cheers:

Very nice, but like most other images released in the last few months, this one also has the Direct File recording problem, where the audio keeps playing while recording with Playback Disabled, and the audio isn't recorded to the TS file.

The k*y symbol just means its an encrypted channel thats all its not locked as such
it just means you need the relevent camd, k*ys to view it.
Even when it clears the k*ys symbol still shows.
Check your cable for any loose connections take any splitters out of the loop
and put the feed straight to the box.
Press dbox,settings,misc settings turn hardware sections and spts mode off.
Press blue and change camds and ucodes.

Just replaced commando 4 with this (fed up of seeing World Cup on footy menu - bad memories - lol!!)

Looks fantastic - love the new web interface.

Issues with sound? A couple of remote clicks - sorted!

Have my subbed pace box sat next to the dbox (we've just gone VOD so the pace has the odd use for missed bbc progs!) and, I know this has been true for previous images, but the image quality is so much better.

Congrats to all involved - your hard work is appreciated

i've also got a few remote clicks could you forward me in the right direction

cheers buddy

great image yet again you really cant go wrong with commando images one minor issue for me is clicking when changing channels another thing after hearing bout them guys in wales wouldnt it be great to press the blue button 5 times say repeatedly to switch to freeview mode just a thought dont want a knock on the door anyway well done guys

is there any stopping to the skill of these guys

the clicking could be caused by the ucode you have selected , try a different one m8

the "make freeview box button" was available in the Jedi image I think, it was left out of images mage after becuase people kept pressing it lol

@señor ding dong , I think this issue must be something in the depths of the CVS , have you tried the latest sportster or the don, see if its the same in them..?

try the newer version in the downloads just download it again

im sure that the second one will work its in the same place

cheers

@señor ding dong , I think this issue must be something in the depths of the CVS , have you tried the latest sportster or the don, see if its the same in them..?
Yes, same with Don's. I had hoped it would have been fixed in the CVS by now, but it's obviously still there.

I'm still going to stick with this image for a bit and see how everything else holds up, though.

EDIT: Btw, just noticed the new recording bar on the LCD display. What exactly does it show, though?

Last edited:
Hi Hunter
I'll be diff to the usual "kiss ass" feedback you get, dont get me wrong your image is good and alot of work has gone into it, bu the amount of bugs is just unreal

1) it has a serious cam lock up issue (atleast on my box that other images dont seem to have even when using the same CAM files)
Most annoying is the completely shagged sectiond function that even when you set your location and set it up correctly it just starts to find all kindsa shite that isn't actually on the network that your scanning.

apart from those 2 major annoying bugs! the image is cool mate :)

Back