clone dm800hd with original sim

Just checked mine via the web interface and its bootloader #75 !!!

Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #75, built 20091005

:Clap:

Its all in Chinese, worried about which image to flash as i dont want the BL to downgrade to 72 like some people experience.
Any advice?

Last edited:

Its all in Chinese, worried about which image to flash as i dont want the BL to downgrade to 72 like some people experience.
Any advice?

well in there must be a way of putting bl75 on the box again.you really want to test the box first before you flash it

go into each menu like i did i managed to get english and change skin for some other bits to go english.

trying to set up the dish but all the satellites seem to be the chinese ones, how do i see 28.2E and 1.0W etc?

Any advice?

you can downloader Gemini 4.4 english version from here
http://www.filedropper.com/dm800-g440en-sim2

control it through the web and use the web remote to find the english lang setting

You're right...how can you load another image without loosing your BL75 !
Mine went from 74 to 72....

If you don't want to loose bootloader or new drivers do not change image.
You will probably have sim2.01. Before doing anything at all first fully backup the image!

With the attachment you can backup to HDD. But it does not backup bootloader. (which you also need since it is not the same as original #75)

Last edited:
You're right...how can you load another image without loosing your BL75 !
Mine went from 74 to 72....

don't worry, flash IMG not loose bl75
because bootloader in SIM card, dont worry

I got fed up last night and flashed Nabilo. Sure enough the bootloader has gone down to 72 from 75.
At least i can watch TV now though!

Can the bootloader be backed-up in any way?

I got fed up last night and flashed Nabilo. Sure enough the bootloader has gone down to 72 from 75.

:proud: your are misunderstand it
the really bootloader is 75( it mean the SIM card can support BL is 75 now , but the running some IMG not need 75,running some IMG need 72,73 74 and 75) so when you flash different IMG you will be see the bootloader is changed!

:proud: your are misunderstand it
the really bootloader is 75( it mean the SIM card can support BL is 75 now , but the running some IMG not need 75,running some IMG need 72,73 74 and 75) so when you flash different IMG you will be see the bootloader is changed!

Not true. The latest images and bootloaders are in some way patched to work with sim 2.01 (BL72)

But sly666 can easily test it by flashing latest nabilo or pli image with 75 bootloader. If it works they really updated the sim, if it doesn't work its the same way as my and chercheur his sim2.01 DM800.

But sly666 can easily test it by flashing latest nabilo or pli image with 75 bootloader. If it works they really updated the sim, if it doesn't work its the same way as my and chercheur his sim2.01 DM800.

Correct...

Not true. The latest images and bootloaders are in some way patched to work with sim 2.01 (BL72)

thank you your Explained
my box buy from 500s.us too
it's bootloader 75
that's very good
the SIM card update :proud:

Correct...

PS: partial fix is to flash gemini SIM2 image. (dm800-g440EN-SIM2)
At least drivers up to 20-07 wil work. (as do DVB subtitles etc)
(mod_author455 mod_license459)

thank you your Explained
my box buy from 500s.us too
it's bootloader 75
that's very good
the SIM card update :proud:

Could you please dump the image to harddisk with the tool i posted earlier?

after you flashed it did the date change as well as going down to bl72.

Do you mean a orig un-patched nabilo blackhole 12 image? Will it brick my clone?

I'm pretty new to the Dreambox scene, got fed up with my Azbox so got a DM800 to play with.

Back