Swapping SIM Type In Clone DM800HD ?

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a clone dm800hd with an e-Star v3.0 SIM card in it. Can I simply swap over the SIM card for a 2.10 SIM and then reflash with a 2.10 SIM bootloader and image or is there more to it to that?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Hi,

I have a clone dm800hd with an e-Star v3.0 SIM card in it. Can I simply swap over the SIM card for a 2.10 SIM and then reflash with a 2.10 SIM bootloader and image or is there more to it to that?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Yes but you have to do it this way.

With your estar sim in the box flash a sim 2 image but do not let it boot after flashing just kill the power.

Now exchange the estar sim with the sim 2 sim and reboot.

Thats it done.

Yes but you have to do it this way.

With your estar sim in the box flash a sim 2 image but do not let it boot after flashing just kill the power.

Now exchange the estar sim with the sim 2 sim and reboot.

Thats it done.

Thx for the reply with the method.

Do I need to also flash the ssl84 bootloader as well as the image before swapping over the SIM?

Also, is there a sim2 specifically for a dm800 or are they more versatile and work across a range of boxes such as dm800, dm800se etc?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Thx for the reply with the method.

Do I need to also flash the ssl84 bootloader as well as the image before swapping over the SIM?

Also, is there a sim2 specifically for a dm800 or are they more versatile and work across a range of boxes such as dm800, dm800se etc?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Should not have to as the sim2 image contains the correct bootloader. It wont hurt anything if your do though.

iv just done this. i changed the sim first then flashed new image and new bootloader, rebooted and it works fine.. should it not work this way?

Back