No CA Found Error - Not Sure If Clone or Original !!

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting the "No CA Found" error on my dm8oo HD but I am not 100% sure if the unit is an original or a clone so am unsure how to resolve the problem.

After removing the cover and checking inside, the unit has a heat sink and there seems to be no glue or resin on the sim card in its slot. Also, the screw threads securing the top cover in place are with a fine thread pitch and not a coarser thread pitch. These points lead me to think I have a clone, if anyone can please confirm that point I would be grateful?

I think the reason I have the No CA Error is that I flashed the box with an Open PLi original dm800 image?

To try to recover the box, I downloaded the Yassinov NCF SIM2 repair tool and flashed the ssl84d bootloader to the box but I still cannot get an image flashed to the box and the repair tool I used does not seem to have an option to flash an image?

That's where I am now, stuck, with the box still with the No CA Error and not knowing how to proceed. Any help most appreciated.

Cdmt
Pimpi

first stop find out what sim you have

patched dreamup tool will help you recover null modem cable required

first stop find out what sim you have

patched dreamup tool will help you recover null modem cable required

Hi,

Thx for the reply.
How do I find out what SIM I have, the box starts up to "No CA Found", is there some way to read the SIM from the box or do I have to take the cover off and pull it out?

I have the null modem cable, is there any particular version of the patched dreamup tool I need?

Cdmt
Pimpi

have a look on the bottom or the back for a sticker

try this one https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/3519/

bobby123,

Thx for the reply.

I checked the back and bottom of the dm800 and the packaging box for a sticker and there was nothing to indicate a SIM version.

I downloaded the Japhar flashup utility that you linked to and have made a little bit of progress. I opened up the utility and clicked to connect to the dm800 via a serial port connection which proceeded OK, The utility autoloaded a file and then the dm800 rebooted without the "No CA Found" error amd showed the IP address in the display on the dm800.

At that point, I flashed the dm800 ssl 84d file to the box via serial connection, all OK, then I flashed the Openpli image for a clone dm800 via serial connection. The image flash is still in progress after two hours and 20 minutes and it is saying another 105 minutes to complete? The time to complete seems to be extending and the transfer rate decreasing, it is now 3kb/sec having previously been higher.

Do I just sit it out or abort and try something else? I am still not 100% sure if the dm800 is an original or a clone..

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited by a moderator:
once you got box ip should flash with browser

once you got box ip should flash with browser

alimac,

Thx for the reply.

Would I be better aborting this serial transfer or should I sit it out? My concern is if I abort the image transfer I will return to the "No CA Error". However, I did get the dm800 ssl84d file to the dm800 via serial so perhaps I can get it to boot via the usual process to the IP screen?

Cdmt
Pimpi

may as well try mate
not used that tool though but methods the same

i would pull plug & power box up see if still has ip if so would send in bootloader & without rebooting send in image on same bootloader hopefully works

may as well try mate
not used that tool though but methods the same

i would pull plug & power box up see if still has ip if so would send in bootloader & without rebooting send in image on same bootloader hopefully works

alimac,

I aborted the serial connection transfer of the image and then did the following:

1. Opened Japhar dream up utility and clicked to connect to dm800
2. Powered on dm800, utility automatically transferred a file to the dm800
3. Used a web browser to send an image, no reboot.
4. Used a web browser to send ssl84d, reboot
5. The dreaded "No CA Found" is back.

Once I have used the Japhar dreamup fpasher to automatically send a file to the dm800 via serial connection and have the IP displayed in the dp800 I am unsure of the order that I send files to the dm800 via the browser.

Do I send ssl84d followed by am image?
Or do I send an image followed by ssl84d?
Or do I only send an image file?

Cdmt
Pimpi

right mate
once you have ip use browser flash bootloader very fast blink you miss it
hit back button on browser flash correct image
optional flash bootloader again before reboot box should sort you mate

Still no good, I tried the browser method independently with a set of clone files, no good, then with original files, no good.

I can get the dreamup flasher to connect to the box and automatically send a file to it and then see the IP in the display on the dm800. After that, I am hitting a brick wall.

The only thing I can think of is that I am sending the wrong files to the dm800 via the browser? It might help if I was 100% sure if the box was a clone of not but I am unsure how to get that info with the box in the state it is.

Cdmt
Pimpi

take sim out may be an option really do need to know it
sending clone & original image files will just add to problem mate
cant use both

if dreamup method works an hour should flash an image

take sim out may be an option really do need to know it
sending clone & original image files will just add to problem mate
cant use both

if dreamup method works an hour should flash an image

alimac,

OK, I will open up the dm800 and take the SIM out and then post a pic to the forum. Many thx for bearing with me on this today.

Cdmt
Pimpi

we aim to please lol

alimac,

I'm back.

Its an e-Star SIM v3.0 which probably explains the problems. I have been sending non e-star files to the box. I assume that I now need to go back to the start with some e-Star SIM files.

Would you please be able to advise me if I need an e-Star bootloader and an e-Star image or will just the image be OK? If you could possibly link to the files to be sure I get the right ones would be great?

Cdmt
Pimpi

not familier with estar sim
images are different kinda can be converted
Ferret will sort you when he see,s this

take a look in downloads should all be their
flashing methods the same

Ferret,

Thx for the link to the image, I have downloaded it.

All I need now is an ssl file for the e-Star v3.0 SIM, I have searched the forum and googled around but cant seem to locate one anywhere. The e_Star website is down and has been for a while so its not looking good unless I can locate an e-Star bootoloader.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure the loader is different to be honest
will put one in downloads

Back