Cleaning Plasma Screen !

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive just spent about 30mins cleaning my 50 inch plasma screen,it was a nightmare as per usuall,ive been using a screen cleaner that i got for cleaning my monitors,but it was a game of chase the smear...lol
Just wondering what you all use for cleaning the screen on your large screen tv's

At home; With the screen off and cold, a lint free cloth and a sparing amount of "proper" screen cleaner (often just distilled water with surfactants). I find the old school, yellow dusters just push the dust around on the screen.

At work; Tissue and unscented alcogel, but this time with the screen warm (but still turned off) as the alcogel is much thicker than screen cleaner so it helps it to evaporate. Just bare in mind alcohols can melt some plastics.

Both are LCD.

Microfibre cloth wetted with hot water and well wrung out.

The wife of course.

how rude can you get !!! divorce proceedins start tamorra !!!!
well if you gave me housekeeping id be able to buy propper cleaning stuffs xx
and you KNOW how much i wanna clean it propper-like xx :sad:

oops :Sorry: it was a joke.
On the subject of money you got £10 in January have you spent it already ?

how rude can you get !!! divorce proceedins start tamorra !!!!
well if you gave me housekeeping id be able to buy propper cleaning stuffs xx
and you KNOW how much i wanna clean it propper-like xx :sad:

I'm not surprised, that speeling is atrociosus! ;)

@Hawkish not liking the reviews on that product(re-scratching screen) think i might just watch more pron as fergalsworld has said ...lol

might try the Techlink stuff suggested by Exos

Last edited:
Brillo pad. keeps the glare down too when the sun shines on the screen.

:)

@Hawkish not liking the reviews on that product(re-scratching screen) think i might just watch more pron as fergalsworld has said ...lol

might try the Techlink stuff suggested by Exos

I've had mine for a while, it's a little expensive but it lasts. I use it on my monitors/laptop LED TV and Plasma and I have no issues with residue/smears or having to constantly check for marks.

I wouldn't normally buy or suggest things from mainstream retailers such as Currys/PC World, but it does what it says.

Just got a plasma recently and never even gave cleaning the screen a thought so these are a handy few tips

Spare a thought for me..

Mine is covered in snot, chocolate, permanent marker, spaghetti sauce and sticky sugar.

I can deal with everything apart from the permanent marker. :(

Back