Cisco IOS

revans3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive bought a cisco 806 router and managed to total the IOS on it :Cheers: . Can anyone help me get a copy? Damn Cisco wont let me download it - even though Im the legit owner but because Ive not got a service contract.

Desperate for this guys, any help appreciated greatly!

Not sure about the feature set mate. At this moment in time any will do as Ive fooked it! Ive completely wiped the flash.: shocked2

mate your an absolute star! Ill let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Managed to flash this onto the router so am up and running thanks to you. Still cant get the damn web interface to work which is why I ended up wiping the flash. The web interface just hangs. Im gonna try it from a win2k machine as I remember this happened with a pix on sp2.

hmmm, do you have any other ios' mate? I cant get telnet or the http server working. When I look at the command set I cant seem to see them as options. Not that I really know what Im doing, you understand!

How have you connected to the router via a switch, console cable or RJ45 crossover cable between your nic and the router?

If via switch or crossover you will need to set your pc IP address to 10.0.0.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.0, then using either telnet or web browser connect to 10.0.0.1

Let me know how you get on.

Its ok, I know the basics - Im an MCSE training to be CCNA. I have changed the router ip to my own subnet and have full connectivity. I cant telnet to the router which is what I want to do. I just get connection refused. I also wanted to access crws but I cant get that to run it just hangs. I was able to access the router by telnet before I wiped it.

Last edited:
could I take a look at the startup config?
Sorry if it seems like I am teaching you to suck eggs:)

No probs mate - I welcome your help believe me! How can I get the startup config to you. I have entered show startup-config but apparantly that command doesnt exist! It seems like a few commands are missing. Is it possible I messed up the flash?

router prompt - I got this up

Current configuration : 868 bytesROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on I
!e
version 12.2t1, changed
no service pad
service timestamps debug uptime
te to down
te to do
service timestamps log uptimeOTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol o
service password-encryptioned sta
!
hostname Router
!
!
ip subnet-zero
te to up:
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.1N: Line protocol on Interface Ether
!t
ip dhcp pool CLIENT
import all
network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0own03: %LINEP
01:07:18: %LINEPROTO-
default-router 10.10.10.1terface Ethernet1, changed s
lease 0 2
!
!
!
--More--
00:24:22: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet1, changed stae protocol on Interface Ethernet1, changed sta
!
interface Ethernet0
te to down
ip address 192.168.0.200 255.255.255.0EPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Inter
ip nat inside
no cdp ena
no cdp ena
no cdp enable
!
ip nat inside source list 102 interface Ethernet1 overload
ip classless
ip http server
!
!
access-list 23 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 102 permit ip 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 any
!
line con 0
exec-timeout 120 0
--More--
00:24:25: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet1, changed sta
stopbits 1
line vty 0 4
access-class 23 in
exec-timeout 120 0
login local
!
scheduler max-task-time 5000
end

I would suggest a write erase to reset the config to factory default, then set your pc's IP address to someting on the 10.10.10.0/24 subnet if you have no other dhcp server then set you pc for dhcp. The reason you cannot telnet to the router is the access list 23 on vty. Only addresses on the 10.10.10.0/24 subnet are permitted.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! DId a write erase, then reflashed the IOS then went into rommon and did a reset.

Can now telnet to the router :) Am one happy bunny :proud: Thanks for all your help mate :Cheers:

Back