Cinema Row Yobs Throw Bleach Over Woman

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Some sick kids around. I heard this on the radio this morning. One copper oh the phone in said people should phone the police if any anti social behaviour occurs. Yea right, no police force is gonna send down someone when its too low priority.

A mother-of-two was seriously burnt when she was attacked with bleach in front of her family after asking a group of youths to be quiet during the new Harry Potter film.

The 46-year-old woman was watching the film with her husband and two children at a cinema when she asked the group of five or six teenagers, including at least one girl, to stop making a noise.

After the film, two of the group followed the family into a nearby restaurant and threw bleach over the woman's head and back, leaving her needing hospital treatment for burns to her skin and possible permanent damage to her eyes.

Today, West Yorkshire Police described the attack as "completely unwarranted" and said the consequences could have been much worse.

A spokesman said the woman asked the youths to be quiet after they began making a noise during a screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the Vue cinema in Kirkstall Road, Leeds on Sunday.

As the family left the cinema at about 7.30pm and went to a nearby Frankie & Benny's restaurant, some of the group shouted abuse at them from a small white or silver hatchback.

Around 15 minutes later, two of the youths entered the restaurant and threw the bleach over the woman before running to the car, which was parked on Greenhow Road.

The mother was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment to burns to her skin and later released but is still being assessed to discover if her eyes have been permanently damaged.

Police said one of the attackers was described as a light-skinned, mixed-race man, about 19 years old, 6ft tall and of an athletic build. He had short, dark-brown hair and was wearing a black, short-sleeved t-shirt and black bottoms.

The second attacker was described as Asian, aged around 14, about 5ft 4ins tall and fat. He was wearing black clothing.

The driver of the car, which was possibly a five-door vehicle with tinted rear windows, was described as white, aged 17 to 18, of a wiry build with light-coloured, crew-cut hair.

Another member of the group was a black girl, aged around 14, about 5ft 2ins tall, thin and with her hair tied back in a braid.

Detective Inspector Richard Baildon said: "This was a completely unwarranted attack on a mother out with her family, the consequences of which could have been much worse.

"It was a deliberate act, designed to cause pain and injury and it was totally unprovoked and unnecessary. We are treating it very seriously and are determined to trace those responsible."

Mr Baildon appealed for anyone who saw the group or the car at the time, or who knows the youths involved, to come forward.

He added: "I would also appeal to any members of the group who may want to distance themselves from the actions of the others to get in touch before we come and find you."

Source : Yahoo

these sick cnuts need a good kicking.

I would suggest its the, parents that should get the kicking. what gets me is why, nobody in the restaurant, took the little tw@s out. sad country we live in, sick kids, and spineless adults. you reap what you sow. force parents into, ever longer, working hours. then wonder why our kids (but only some) are out of control!

I would suggest its the, parents that should get the kicking. what gets me is why, nobody in the restaurant, took the little tw@s out. sad country we live in, sick kids, and spineless adults. you reap what you sow. force parents into, ever longer, working hours. then wonder why our kids (but only some) are out of control!

Totally agree but the sad thing is, in this country if one of us challenged the we fcks and gave them a slap, we would be up in court with an assault charge there is nothing surer. Sad state of affairs

reminds me of living in Newcastle on an estate running round in gangs, burgling, dodging coppers, fighting with pick axes, knives even catapults. I was about 7 years old then. some woman wanted to throw battery acid in my mums face because she thought she was screwing her fella (she wasn't). Most disturbing :) time to phone the 'Policy' as the geordies say.

there aren't any words to make this particular situation any better, which is a crying shame.

these kids need to die. People who do shit like this are really beyond social repair and just need executing. A group of kids followed my little brother home and tired to do the same thing. Luckly i was home and had my golf club and managed to grap 2 of the buggers. Im sure u can guess what happened next....

vigilante just is the order of the day

what goes around comes around

they will get their comeuppance

**** um!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

That is horrible.

I don't understand how these pieces of shit got away. Nobody in the restaurant (staff, or customers) decided to pin these little shits to the ground?

There is the sad indictment.

'For evil to flourish' and all that.

It's a really sad state this country's in when the folk around you are too scared to get involved, especially in a (presumably) busy restaurant. And it's an even sadder state of affairs when vigilante justice seems like the only option.
That said, I'd still these scum-bags dragged into the streets and strung up.

Totally agree but the sad thing is, in this country if one of us challenged the we fcks and gave them a slap, we would be up in court with an assault charge there is nothing surer. Sad state of affairs
and that would stop you?
do people, honestly, think of the repercussions before acting? i don't, and never have, aint been to court yet, because of it.

That is horrible.

I don't understand how these pieces of shit got away. Nobody in the restaurant (staff, or customers) decided to pin these little shits to the ground?

There is the sad indictment.

'For evil to flourish' and all that.
indeed, as i say, its beyond me. perhaps i am from a different generation (some might say planet). i always think, if i dont help here, how can i expect, others, to help me. in a similar situation?

It's a really sad state this country's in when the folk around you are too scared to get involved, especially in a (presumably) busy restaurant. And it's an even sadder state of affairs when vigilante justice seems like the only option.
That said, I'd still these scum-bags dragged into the streets and strung up.

lol, but stopping, someone, you see, who is being violent, is not even, remotely vigilante. its being a good citizen. and has been for thousands of years.
only lawyers call it Vigilante action. even then, only to pad out their, already enormous, wages.

i dont want to anger, anyone (oops too late i think lol) but if you ignore, something like this. in my opinion, you are no better than the perpetrator.

"i didn't want to get done" and "i was only following orders". both add up to the same. COP out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure and simple.

this country is getting worse and worse, some of the things the youth of today come up with is beyond me and to think they dont think about the results of there actions on the poor victim who only wants to watch and listen to the film they have paid for. when i was young they threw you out if you made a noise now your not allowed to somewhere along the lines there will br another stupid law to say you cant its victimisation.
Bring back national service and respect and disapline will resume after a few years.

Hope she recovers un scared and it dosn't let stop her going out in the future

Last edited:
"i didn't want to get done" and "i was only following orders". both add up to the same. COP out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure and simple.

Your being a bit harsh there. Most people in the resturant probarbly didn't realise what was happening till too late. It would have been full of families dining. Not exactly your typical vigalanties nor would they be expecting any trouble.

thebigman

Agree with Firemouth, even though the risks of standing up to these little bad boys might be detramental even to ones career and family income should legal proceedings occur. Easy to say though when your not there.

nothing surprises me anymore..... typical scum!

Your being a bit harsh there. Most people in the resturant probarbly didn't realise what was happening till too late. It would have been full of families dining. Not exactly your typical vigalanties nor would they be expecting any trouble.

thebigman

exactly...running in and out woulda been over in seconds and nobody would of realised what was goin on...and who's to say based on a news report no one ran after them?

a couple of side notes ....

Where did they get the bleach from ? If it was in the actual restaurant then they could be held partially liable since I am pretty sure there is a law against leaving it lying around (or in fact using bleach in a public building). I guess the yobbos may have had it with them in the car (but I find that unlikely unless they continually carry it for the purpose of yobbism - lets face it, they wouldnt be using it for its proper purpose!).

The movie industry are always blaming piracy for dwindling cinema sales tickets. I stopped going to the cinema years ago after complaining about someone messing around with their phone (going through the ring tones etc) and nothing was done about it. I just wait for the dvd/blu-ray to come out and watch in the quietness of my own home now.

Back