Christmas Help Please

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could explain what the first step to take is on getting my r4 cards to work. I have been to my local computer fair and bought 3 r4 cards and 3 microSD cards to go with the 3 NDS i bought off ebay. I also bought a few disks with the new cod black ops rom etc. I then dloaded/extracted to sdcard (R4_v1.18_English) i then added a folder called games(small letters). I then put black ops rom in games folder. Needless to say all i got was black loading screen. Have i missed something? I was hoping to get these sorted for crimbo for kids and would be very gratefull if anyone could help me.

hi m8,
it really depends wether your r4 cards are original or not.

if they are original, its good news because they will play everything with woods firmware on.

this is what an original r4 caard looks like.

original-r4.jpg

now clones look very similer...
is your card EXACTLY like this one?

or is there any diffrence (even a slight diffrence)?

and what size microsd cards have you bought?

Yes my card looks exactly the same and i have 4gb sd cards.

IVE JUST NOTICED THE CARDS ARE NOT ORIGINAL Arggggh! Does this mean im doomed?

Last edited:
how do you know they are not orginal?

try an old rom on your card....

black ops is brand new and only works on cards with new firmware.

Its defo not the same. I have two little curves to the south and west of the R4 Label where as your pic has 1 curve to the north of the R4 label, also mine has 5 white spots at bottom yours has 4 white spots.

did the card come with any packaging with a website printed?
have you got any games working on in at all?

well thats good, you might be able to use woods firmware for it....

your next problem, ,
if it is the card i think it is, you cannot use a 4 gig microsd card, these cards only support cards upto 2gig.......

have you got any games working yet?

do you have a 1 or 2 gig microsd card lying around?

i going to try 1 from my 1 gb from my phone in a mo, 1st things 1st i think im going to make myself a bacon butty and coffee. its begining to look like one of those many missions ive set out on using this site ;) GOD I LOVE LEARNING AND GOD I LOVE DIGITAL WORLDZ FOR HELPING ME IN MY QUEST :)

lol, first things first m8, get your brekky.... lol

then

1. get your 1 gig card and format it fat 32.

2. download woods 1.18 firmware.
View attachment 55640

3. extract files and copy rpg folder and dsmenu.dat file to the root of your sd card.

4. add a game.
http://rapidshare.com/files/412203036/club_penguinwoods.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/422857870/toysory3alicein_wonderland.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/415137267/rftd-ts3ds.rar

these are a few games i have checked as working and uploaded for other members.
download them and extract files
copy the games which end in .nds onto to root of the sd card.

do not put anything in folders.

see how you go with that....

i am late for work now... lol

It must have been the 4gb micro sd disk all working including black ops on my 2gb micro. (The game itself is a bit shite after playing it on 360 4 a while but at least it will keep the kids off my xbox for a while :)

Thankyou so much for all your help. Kids r sorted for crimbo thanks to you. I picture you in a red suit black boots and a white beard (no its not a gay fetish fantasy of mine ;) ).

Seriously though thankyou and have a real good christmas from My family and Me, to You and Yours. All the best for the New year. That also goes out to all DW members. Sincerely.

Last edited:
r4 card only support upto a 2 gb sd mate no bigger unless its a sdhc cart

It must have been the 4gb micro sd disk all working including black ops on my 2gb micro. (The game itself is a bit shite after playing it on 360 4 a while but at least it will keep the kids off my xbox for a while :)

Thankyou so much for all your help. Kids r sorted for crimbo thanks to you. I picture you in a red suit black boots and a white beard (no its not a gay fetish fantasy of mine ;) ).

Seriously though thankyou and have a real good christmas from My family and Me, to You and Yours. All the best for the New year. That also goes out to all DW members. Sincerely.

your welcome m8, any time... :)

best wishes to u and your family for xmass too :)

hi buzzer im also having a problem with the r4 i have the wood firmware on the root directory and put some games on but it only recognises one game the other say the are invalid . im using a 2gb card its formatted to just fat will try formatting to fat 32 to c if that makes any difference do u have any ideas?

yes m8,
it has to be fat 32.

do you have the latest wood 1.19 firmware.

View attachment 55822

also sometimes pc's dont format the sd cards properly here is an easy to use formatting tool... :)

View attachment SDFormatterEN2905.zip

try reformatting with the tool and putting the 1.19 version on.

if you still have probs then post a list of game that work and games that don't...

hi buzzer have tried that managed to get 4 more games that work on the card , i am really begining to lose my patience with this r4 card want to throw it out the window, should have bought the acekard instead, the game im trying to put on are the 3 prof leytons but they say corrupted file but work on my friends acekard

does your sd card work in your friends ds, sounds to me like you have a dodgy sd card.....

thanks buzzer tried another sd card and it worked. need to get me some new sd cards would a sdhc work with the r4

Back