cheap motorised satellite dish

LittleMike

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone please point me in the direction of a cheap motorised satellite dish.

thanks guys

good cheap motorzed system

Try Spectrum in Groydon a good satellite shop, the guy to talk to is Ray, if any
one can sort out a good cheap motorzed system, they will be able to.

Technomate recievers are not the best............Mr Wizz please qualify your statement. I'd love to hear why it's the BEST.

.........not that ole chestnut about support (unofficial) and unit sales (blah blah..) and fastest 'Blind Search' in the Universe ;)

chrome

Last edited:
id say because of ease of use and simplicity

i recently went to a show for new FORCE receivers, and the reps were giving it all the these are great crap and everything is preloaded so you just choose the language and channels aresorted for you etc etc

i have used these receiversbefore so decided to throw a spanner in the works with 2 simple questions

1, can these receivers be 'patched' with unofficial software

the answerwas "no, why would you want to, every channel is pre loaded"

2. i only want to pick up a single transponder on a single satellite, how easy is this to do if its all preloaded

the answer was "all channels are preloaded so you just choose the one you want"

i had a technomate in the car so asked if i could compre how long they take to get it out of the box and working compared to how long i could do it

"no problem" was the reply and they wanted me to go first

they had a motorised dish so it was put onto 16E and the channel to find was my music, this was to be the ONLY channel accessible when using the prog up and down buttons on the remote

i took about 1 min 30 toset up the technomate with this single channel

their turn

they plugged in the receiver, chose english as the language then spent the next 25 mins trying towork out where the my music channel had gone as every english channel from every sat was displayed and they couldnt get rid of them

go for the simple technomates, they do what you want them to lol

Digidude...........the question regarding using 'unofficial or third party software' is not really valid. Manufacturers would only endorse their own updates to gurantee the stability of their machines and would advise against the use of any 3rd party software.

ROFL.............you got to admit sales rep, know Sh*te about their products their only in for the commission, do you think they lie awake reading the manuals at night! LOL

What I wanted Mr Wizz to explain why they are the best.......the original post asked for a cheap motorised satellite dish.................why are we talking about recievers? ROFL

Motor Unit ?

Sattelite Dish?

LNB?

BTW Ray @ Spectrums is good, very competitive prices + knowledgeable and will honour prices/offers even if they are in old magazines (as I have found :) )

Back