Channels Missing 28.2E Sky

re: Channels missing/IPTV/CableTV/Boxing/Anything else apart from Satellite

It looks like they have removed sly sports news of the Irish transponder.
The only other alternative transponder for that channel won't clear on c/s

i doubt it will ever be back.

edit:

from what I'm seeing there's no transponder affected.
Just that channel removed.

so does this mean they can hit a specific channel rather than a single transponder, If so then its the end.

so does this mean they can hit a specific channel rather than a single transponder, If so then its the end.
they have always been moving and switching channels off.
There was always alternative transponder to pick them up on.
Just as in this case there is an alternative transponder but it will not clear on c/s.

But what I'm seeing is......
theres a transponder that won't clear on c/s
(most like new encryption) as streamboard have shut the ticket down as it is not an ECM issue.

Over time they will implement the same method of encryption on other transponders.
We wait and see what transponder is next.
My opnion is it's over. It won't go over night.
It will go over time as we are seeing now.

@river4ever whilst I tend to agree with you, and think that if there was a fix it would have been found by now, but is this a software issue or new hardware pairing ? If it's a software issue and maybe I'm being a bit naive but could a work around be sorted eventually

Last edited by a moderator:

@river4ever whilst I tend to agree with you, and think that if there was a fix it would have been found by now, but is this a software issue or new hardware pairing ? If it's a software issue and maybe I'm being a bit naive but could a work around be sorted eventually
I don't think your being naive mate.
(Maybe wishful thinking)

if there was work around my good family Mario and Luigi would of let me know in Italy.
Two years have passed and it's still black screens there.
Unless oscam developers can get a work around it's going.
Why have they not fixed it in Italy.

As I have said in previous posts there's other ways of viewing.
My advise would be not to invest in sat box to see what's going on.
But all I'm seeing from last Tuesday is black screens appearing and the method it is happening I explained on post #96.

just tucked sat box away in a dark corner lol where it will run till all black got my viewing sorted using firestick with kodi & a few standalone apk

Last edited:

The Reason why Sky Italy is still Black is because they Swapped out all legitimate SD receivers for HD ones and so implemented the same HD pairing procedure Sky have done over here as well, Until all SD receivers are swapped out of UK house holds the Hardware pairing cannot be done as it has been done in Italy.

Pretty Much common sense

The Reason why Sky Italy is still Black is because they Swapped out all legitimate SD receivers for HD ones and so implemented the same HD pairing procedure Sky have done over here as well, Until all SD receivers are swapped out of UK house holds the Hardware pairing cannot be done as it has been done in Italy.

Pretty Much common sense

as you say this was hardware pairing, hence still black screen in Italy. Where as for us its software only, so what ever they have done work son SD and HD boxes.

I heard alot of being icam but thus far no one can be certain of that, all I know from what I have read the ECM now has extra bytes but.

Funnily enough on my oscam version when going to SSP4, OSCam states ECM found in web interface but black screen.

I have just ordered a ZGemma LC and will be moving over to cable now.

Yep what happened in Italy and what has happened here are not the same, the result might be, but the method is different.

And Because the method is different it means that it might be solved here where it has not been solved in Italy

Hi all,

Latest update below...

Sky has made some changes and few channels arent available temporarily.

Any updates regarding this will be posted.

Update (March 30th) : Keeping up with the matter, some valid sources confirming that there should be an update which will comply with latest changes from Sky.

Update (April 5th) : Up to now, only Eurosport 1 & 2 , Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports News are the channels which arent available. Groups and teams are working on a solution. Seems like sky is doing some test for their new security system on these channels to later extend this to other channels as well. This means SD channels will be paired same as HD. But still these are just vague assumptions.

If Sky go down this route does anybody know how long it took before the HD feeds went down?
Cheers,

Hi all,

Latest update below...

Update (March 30th) : Keeping up with the matter, some valid sources confirming that there should be an update which will comply with latest changes from Sky.

Update (April 5th) : Up to now, only Eurosport 1 & 2 , Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports News are the channels which arent available. Groups and teams are working on a solution. Seems like sky is doing some test for their new security system on these channels to later extend this to other channels as well. This means SD channels will be paired same as HD. But still these are just vague assumptions.

If Sky go down this route does anybody know how long it took before the HD feeds went down?
Cheers,

How does a vague assumption become an update?

Hi all,

Latest update below...

Cheers,

lets hope that all it is I can live without Sky Sports News lol

Just sounds like some bollox that a pay server has spouted to his clients on a forum

- - - Updated - - -

On a more positive note though looking at the streamboard forum there is apparently a patch being tested. Wont get too carried away just yet though

Just sounds like some bollox that a pay server has spouted to his clients on a forum

- - - Updated - - -

On a more positive note though looking at the streamboard forum there is apparently a patch being tested. Wont get too carried away just yet though

does this answer your question mate.
and it's not the 7th of April for another two days.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 18

and you know what assumption is ....

- - - Updated - - -

someone compiled oscam with patch but still not fixed

I am seeing things!!! I have a TV set-up on Sky Atlantic and there was a still picture on it about 20 minutes ago.... Gone blank again now.

I am seeing things!!! I have a TV set-up on Sky Atlantic and there was a still picture on it about 20 minutes ago.... Gone blank again now.
my supplier said that happened on sly sports 4 on the affected transponder yesterday.

edit:

was only for short time.

sports news still ok on android devices @least

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems that cable could be up to something as well. Virgin are trialling a new outlet box. Apparently it incorporates talkback and port switching circuitry.
The way I understood it is that the outlet box recognises when a legit modem, telephone or tv box is connected and then allows the signal to pass through. This is achieved by the talkback circuit from the connected device, as long as at least one subscribed device is attached the line will be open. This port switching circuit also has to handshake with the street cabinet so bypassing the outlet box/ connection unit won't work. Having cable but no subscription whatsoever will mean a dead/closed connection.
The extra talkback circuitry in the outlet box compares the combined talkback from the devices and any imbalance over and above a preset tolerance will close the pass through switch and raise a flag with Virgin. The talkback circuitry also encompasses a db comparator, this recognises when an unauthorised splitter or attenuator is attached to the line after install.

This means they will be able to detect the use of 3rd party equipment even when used alongside legit equipment. Also means that their cable without any form of subscription would no longer be available. Obviously this will take time to implement but they will start with the street cabinets first (guessing). This would render "inactive" lines dead, followed by new installs and then by area.

I'm not at liberty to say where I know this from at the present time.

Back