Channels Missing 28.2E Sky

re: Channels missing/IPTV/CableTV/Boxing/Anything else apart from Satellite

Seems that cable could be up to something as well. Virgin are trialling a new outlet box. Apparently it incorporates talkback and port switching circuitry.
The way I understood it is that the outlet box recognises when a legit modem, telephone or tv box is connected and then allows the signal to pass through. This is achieved by the talkback circuit from the connected device, as long as at least one subscribed device is attached the line will be open. This port switching circuit also has to handshake with the street cabinet so bypassing the outlet box/ connection unit won't work. Having cable but no subscription whatsoever will mean a dead/closed connection.
The extra talkback circuitry in the outlet box compares the combined talkback from the devices and any imbalance over and above a preset tolerance will close the pass through switch and raise a flag with Virgin. The talkback circuitry also encompasses a db comparator, this recognises when an unauthorised splitter or attenuator is attached to the line after install.

This means they will be able to detect the use of 3rd party equipment even when used alongside legit equipment. Also means that their cable without any form of subscription would no longer be available. Obviously this will take time to implement but they will start with the street cabinets first (guessing). This would render "inactive" lines dead, followed by new installs and then by area.

I'm not at liberty to say where I know this from at the present time.

wouldn't surprise me at all, timescales wise could take a year or so to do all the areas and homes so reckon got 12 months with cable cs

i don't think if anything is done with future encryption hacks it will ever appear on public forums the the simple reason its been far to open for years and this has taken the hobby in to main stream general public and its been abused its a bit like a shop will put up with a bit of loss due to shop lifting but when it gets to extreme they will do something about it part of me is glad its going and the word hobby back into satellite

i read somewhere there has been development but im sure all eyes are to the ground anyway.

I quote "They have found half of the valid key "

Last edited:

I love all this cloak and digger stuff it's like an episode of homeland lol

Not far wrong at all mate. My post was a hoax, I made it all up. It was my little swipe at people deserting a sinking ship all because a couple of channels have disappeared. Any true hobbyist would embrace the change and see it as a new challenge. My apologies to any genuine members who may have been taken in by my ruse.
Got a bit of toothache so used Bells' painkiller and it brought out the devil in me.

i read somewhere there has been development but im sure all eyes are to the ground anyway.

I quote "They have found half of the valid key "

new oscam patch being tested according to the official oscam dev forum

yip seen the ticket just need to wait now till tonight when card gets tried lol

Thanks for the info in this thread I was thinking it was a problem my end at first, bookmarked for future reference

reading more on the oscam forum, looks like the whole ecm processing may need to be redesigned and re programmed for the Sly cards

So it may be possible?

So it may be possible?

the big question

personally I am not bothered if it is fixed or not, but the Ebay sellers will be shitting there pants if it doesn't get fixed with the lost of revenue - which lets be honest is a good thing as they have spoilt it for the rest of us.

I don't think it really matters if its fixed in oscam or not the end result will be similar. I would think most servers have their card paired to a thomson HD box and once this phase:

Sky

has been completed to an acceptable number of boxes they can just de-activate any remaining thomson paired cards and soak up any collateral damage calls to arrange box swaps for genuine subscribers. They are certainly not now gonna agree to re-pair any existing cards to SD boxes

I don't think it really matters if its fixed in oscam or not the end result will be similar. I would think most servers have their card paired to a thomson HD box and once this phase:

Sky

has been completed to an acceptable number of boxes they can just de-activate any remaining thomson paired cards and soak up any collateral damage calls to arrange box swaps for genuine subscribers. They are certainly not now gonna agree to re-pair any existing cards to SD boxes

But the SD boxes are still working

Agreed but during the phasing out of HD channels most of us ran to pair their cards with thomson boxes so I would think it would hit the majority. Whatever cards that are paired to SD are left would prob not cope with the load of the amount of people looking for servers thus leaving people ultimately with a sh!t worthless viewing experience. Just my thoughts, could be wrong

my cline ends on the 10th this month don't think I will renew until its sorted :)

my cline ends on the 10th this month don't think I will renew until its sorted :)

Fuc ker ive just renewed mine lol

all channels back on in next update...

- - - Updated - - -

configure autobouuets maker to find and store missing channels

- - - Updated - - -

patience is a virtue

- - - Updated - - -

dont panic people.

patience is a virtue
lol remember that when you cant get your download :)

i reckon if it gets sorted that easy n quick it will just force their hand to swap out all the sd boxes same as italia did at some cost which they will pass on to their customers black screens will happen obviously they hoping the software change works as cheaper

Well thats that box ****ed out the door and the sky Q box in and a fantastic picure all HD HappyDays

Back