Channel Problem

Thanks for the help everyone :)

After reading the FTP tutorial, i got the box connected to my pc, flashed it with sportster 1.76_3 uk 2x image, & installed the Burnley services.xml & everything seems fine, all the channels are now showing :Clap:

Two things i'd like to know, when i try to move the channels around in the bouquet editor thing, they don't move, after i'd moved 'em about it asked if i wanted to save them i said "yes" yet when i return to flicking through the channels they're still in the same order, the same thing happens when i try to delete channels that i don't want, i delete 'em & they re-appear, anyone any idea what i should try doing?

Also, is there any talkback in these boxes? i don't want ntl seeing it.

Cheers.

There is no talk back on dboxes at all so no worries there.as far as your prob with bouquet editor when first in it press green to add a new bouquet and name it then press ok on you new one then press green to add chanels it then goes to all chanels press ok on each chanal you want when finished go back to main one then repeat for any more bouquets you want to create,if this is what you have allready done then not sure of your prob,as for deleting chanels the best way is to ftp your services.xml to pc then edit it with wordpad being carefull to only take the line with the chan you want to remove no need to worry about any spaces it leaves when you remove the line as it will just ignore them.

hope this helps

Ok mate cheers for that, i'll give it a try when i've sorted out the spaghetti junction of wires around my tv :Laugh:

That worked & i now have the channels in some sort of order, all the shite channels appear at the higher numbered channels, cheers for that.

Could i also ask what's the best way to scan without it interfering with my current list of channels, last night i did a bruteforce scan & all the front row channels vanished :lol:
Obviously i can back up my current list incase it goes wrong, but what settings should i set the scan on, so that it scans for channels that i don't have? 1 channel that i want & it doesn't have at the moment is RacingUK, but it did appear last night when i did the scan, but like i said all the front row channels vanished, so i set it back to how it was before i did the scan.

Copy services onto pc then scan with fast scan off (it takes a while 20 min ish) then copy that services onto pc just rename one of them then useing wordpad you can cut & paste the chanels you want out of one into the other checking it goes under the same transonder it came from.

hope this helps as thats how i did it

my northwest files will work for you and they can be found here.
back up your services and bouquets files first incase you dont like my channel order and bouquets.
when you scan with bruteforce files choose the option (leave existing)
and remember to turn off fast scanning and you shouldnt have any probs.

hi got same prob my self, done the 20 page walk through from this site and not much joy. tried various other tips as well. might have to admit defeat and take it to some one who know's

tazzy you admit defeat too easily. your first post on digital world is to take the box to someone who knows?????????
create a thread of your own giving more specific details of what problems you are experiencing and there are plenty of peeps on here with the patience of saints that will help you.
it might also be a good thing to introduce yourself here too.

fishy123 said:
my northwest files will work for you and they can be found here.
back up your services and bouquets files first incase you dont like my channel order and bouquets.
when you scan with bruteforce files choose the option (leave existing)
and remember to turn off fast scanning and you shouldnt have any probs.
Cheers for the file mate, i'll give it a try:)
tazzy said:
hi got same prob my self, done the 20 page walk through from this site and not much joy. tried various other tips as well. might have to admit defeat and take it to some one who know's
All you need to do is read the two tutorials i read if you're having a similar problem to what i was having & you'll have it sorted in minutes, like i've said previous i had no idea what i was doing but with the help of people from here & the tutorials posted on here i had it sorted.
The Beginners Guide To FTP 1.0.doc
Scanning For Channels.doc

tazzy said:

im sorry that my 20 page guide did not help you, but dont give up. post a seperate thread on the forum saying exactly where you got stuck, and what didnt go right. we'll have you up and running in no time.

Liam.

fishy123 said:
tazzy you admit defeat too easily. your first post on digital world is to take the box to someone who knows?????????
create a thread of your own giving more specific details of what problems you are experiencing and there are plenty of peeps on here with the patience of saints that will help you.
it might also be a good thing to introduce yourself here too.
I backed up my service file then edited it with a few of the channels from your service file which i didn't have & it worked fine, so now i have the "Racing UK" channel & a few others i didn't have, cheers :Cheers:

Back