stbemu v2.0 backup settings using adblink problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got about 5 servers on my stick in stbemu v2.0 the newer one. I went to back them all up and wipe the stick as it's giving me grief (another tale). So what I'd normally do is create a backup and use adblink to save the file to the PC then fire it over to the stick after wipe with stbemu on it and "restore" saves hassle typing for half hour.
So I connects adblink to the stick but can I find the backup I made ? can I f**k!!.

the TV says;

Backup file /storage/emulated/0/download/stbemu.back2021-***********.json

When I go into the filing system in adblink there is a /storage/self but no /storage/emulated thats it and I've searched everywhere in the sticks filing system for the .json backup file but its nowere to be seen. Anyone got a clue how I can pull this file off stbemu v2.0 or were it is in abdlink ?. stbemu's tellin me its backed it up but I've no idea were to. With the older versions of stbemu is would be in the root directory

Try install a file manager like file manager HD on your stick and find the file and copy it to somewhere like the download folder or the root and then see if adblink finds it.

If what avid has said does work and i do not see why it would not
just a thought
have you tried send anywhere app
Transfer any file type without altering the original
send anywhere app
install onto stick and get a backup of everything not just the stb app

I did that and FTP'ed it but the newer stbemu 2.0 musnt be compat with its backup files or it would see it in the root, thanks

Its a strange one because, if I make the backup with stbemu then go into the file manager of adblink its not there no were to be seen
but
if I ftp to the stick its there in the root and i can then drag it off that way. Then delete it from the stick (reboot) then add the backup file back via adblink , close adblink then reopen its there , , weird

They must not recognise the file format that stbumu has created for the backup. I agree it is weird🤔
Could be something to do with how it creates the location in the registry.

Back