Channel Problem

Alien Heads

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just bought a Sagem Dbox2 off ebay, it comes with all the instructions etc, but it's like reading jibberish as i have no idea what it all means, i've tried reading through several help sections on here & still i get nowhere.

This is how it was listed on ebay:
SAGEM D2 CABLE BOX

WITH LINUX NEUTRINO IN DEBUG MODE

you can change any operating system but you dont need to it comes with latest 1.7 sposter image in english WITH AUTOUPDATING.

LIKE NOKIA MULTIMEDIA BOX just different design NO LCD ERRORS NO SCRATCHES THE BOX IS IN MINT CONDITION AND WORKING 100%

Still has the plastic film on the front Like New

JUST PLUG IN WITH LATEST SPOSTER 1.7 IMAGE IN ENGLISH

TECHNICAL DATA

SMART CARD READER X2

TWO AV SCART CONNECTORS

DIGITAL OPTICAL AUDIO 5.1

NETWORK ETHERNET

PLAY GAMES.RECORD VIDEOS DIRECT TO YOUR COMPUTER

COMES WITH LATEST SPOSTERS 1.7 IMAGE
IN ENGLISH

Now, what i've done so far is connect my cable input lead to the "ANTENNE" socket (with a F to Coax adapter) & plugged the airial lead into the tv/vcr socket to the airial socket in the back of the tv.

Turned the Dbox on & all i get is "Error Channel Not Availiable" i've tried doing a scan & still get nothing.

I probably have to change some of the settings in the dbox, but i have no idea what i'm doing or what the next step is, can someone help please.

Cheers :)

dbox has to be connected via scart. then as u say u get " error channel not available"
chk if the line is active. if yes, then maybe ur tuner might be dead.

I had connected the scarts too, i forgot to mention it.

Yeah the line is active.

How would i know if the tuner was dead?

Try a services.xml for your area and try different ucode versions from the sportster menue.

* The Cable Provider you select must match your area. Try “Sym6952” and “Sym6887” and see which one produces a result. if still stuck go and have a look at this m8

I would re-flash the box with the latest sportster off this forum and re-flash the box just to be sure you can not be sure what image and what other files needed are on the box now.
read the tut off here how to do it if you follow it step by step it is quite easy to do

griffo said:
* The Cable Provider you select must match your area. Try “Sym6952” and “Sym6887” and see which one produces a result. if still stuck go and have a look at this m8
Cheers for that mate :THANKS:
I was scanning on Sym6887, when i changed it to Sym6952, it found the channels.
Now the problem i seem to be having is only a few of the channels show up on screen when i flick through them.
When i switch to the channel it's telling me what the channel is, what's on now & next, but no picture or sound.
Any ideas on what i do next, apart from hitting it with a sledge hammer
hammer.gif

yep, isit the encryped channels that donts come up, if yes, jus leave on the channel and the keys should clear up, if not, u may need to start EVOcam

It's 99% of the channels that dont show, only the free to air ones show.

What is EVOcam, you have to remember i have no idea what i'm doing here, it's straight out of the box from the person i've bought it from, i haven't connected it to my pc or anything, because i don't have a clue what i'm doing.

oo ok then, try this, press blue button on dbox , blue again, then look for evocam, then activate it

All i get when i press the blue button as you've described is a menu, like this:

Sportser - Menue

EMU - Auswahl
EMU - Einstallungen
System
Susi

Etc & it's all in German.

I think you are fighting a loseing battle if its not connected to your pc as by the sounds of it it has a sportster image not fixed for UK,you will need a crossover network cable and a null modem cable,as it sounds like there are files you need not on it ie. keys,you can poss get away with just null modem cable and ftp the needed files across

derekwd said:
I think you are fighting a loseing battle if its not connected to your pc as by the sounds of it it has a sportster image not fixed for UK,you will need a crossover network cable and a null modem cable,as it sounds like there are files you need not on it ie. keys,you can poss get away with just null modem cable and ftp the needed files across
Agree 100%, reflash the box with one of the latest Sportster Cryo images from the download section ..... It'll save a lot of messing about.

YES, u defo need a reflash, because i tink ur sportster is not fully modded for the UK. do wot fatblerk said, latest sportster cryo image frm the download section, u can also get the tutorial to get u up and runnin again.

fatblerk said:
Agree 100%, reflash the box with one of the latest Sportster Cryo images from the download section ..... It'll save a lot of messing about.
If i follow this "dbox2 guide for dummies like mysef" tutorial should i be ok?

Also which one of the images should i use? there's a x1 & a x2, what's the diff?

Alien Heads said:
If i follow this "dbox2 guide for dummies like mysef" tutorial should i be ok?
Also which one of the images should i use? there's a x1 & a x2, what's the diff?
Read the dummies tutt, that will assist you in regards to establishing whether the box is a 1x or 2x flash, the chances are that its a 1x but it better to make sure!!!!! ........ the rest of dummies is a bit out of date to say the least .. lol
The best way to flash the box will be with IFA but I would recommend you have a look and read up on the basics before you attempt to flash the box.
Everything you need is in this section (apart from the cables of course?)

Back