Cctv over cat5 or cat6 anyone feedback ?

my boss buys the kit in, which client pays

Arhh fair doooos lol

Wonder what would be okay for trial at home. Don't wanna pay £25 really for two plugs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

Shop around i had the same item just a different brand £6+vat trade price

How much are this tm100 bpo ones bud ?

off the top of my head i think theyre around £7.50 plus vat for a pair m8

Here are the ones i use on occasion again you need a trade account for the prices no way would i pay £25 fro a pair of these Bal210: Antihum.com

How so you get approved as an installer ?

I work for a company thats part of the nationwide TSG group, they get all the swann installs, and as im the only one in the SA, NP and CF postcodes working for them that does CCTV, i get all the installs in those postcode areas (its the same with their broadband satellite jobs as well, im the only one who has the training etc to do those)

Nice. Is the training pretty easy to come by ?

Nice. Is the training pretty easy to come by ?

the CCTV training, or the broadband satellite training?

Via the company i work for, 'training' is a joke. id been fitting 4 or 5 different types of satellite broadband systems before being given a single bit of training, and then that was only for one type of system. one type of kit they have me fit is so sh!t ive told them numerous times they should just refuse to install it, as they are passed the jobs from another company who refuses to touch the kit by the looks of the jobs, but, im paid to go there and waste time.

the CCTV official training ive received is zero, im only 'approved' as the company i work for is part of a nationwide support chain, but, tbh, i hate it. i turned down another job a few months ago, which would have been a lot better for me, on the promise of a load of stuff that never materialised. if the other job came up again, id quit tomorrow

Cheers bronto. So no need to use rj45's on those ?

No m8 just strip the wire and screw into Balon, I used the same cable to run signal and power

For price for to be worth a shot. I got the rj45 kit now as well. So can do either. Looking for the best quality for cheapest price tbh. Most installs I do are for friends of family and using cat5 will make my life so much easier.
No where near as well as I used to be. Got copd now :( so least amount of work the better lol

Yes well worth a look :)

Sorry to hear your not to well mate

If not doing ip cams I am still unsure how cat5/6 with baluns is better? A bit of solder sorts the connections and or small or large holes in the wall. It's definitely more expensive but don't see the quality improvement . Especially for home use.

Back