cccam version???

george66

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all,
I have a Spiderbox (bought July 2010)that no longer gets the ethernet. So after trawling here, there and everywhere, I decided to use one of the sites from google to "extend my Spiderbox".
Not really too keen on using these sites, as you never can tell what you're getting, but, beggars can't be choosers.
Anyhow, I am getting a lot of glitching/freezing and am trying to work out why, I have the upto date patch (16 November), have changed router, opened up ports, rebooted modem, spiderbox etc etc, all to no avail
Reading around the forum, i keep seeing differing versions being mentioned 2.1.1, 2.1.2 etc etc.

What I'd like to know is, how can I tell what version cccam the Spiderbox is using or receiving from

Pressing info 2x brings up the ecm ( anything from 180 - 2185) etc with -

Source: (2.0.9) - Is this the server cccam or my Spiderbox cccam? or am I way off?

Thanks for any help

Source: (2.0.9) - Is this the server cccam or my Spiderbox cccam?

that will be the server m8 i understand the spider works better on more upto date version of cccam 2.1.1. 2.1.2 2.1.3
if you have opened ports on your router to allow this i strongly recommend you close them as your computer is at risk from open ports

2.0.9 is the cccam version the server is using rather surprising as there are more up to date versions. The Spiderbox will work with several versions but 2.0.9 is one I've never tried. I think that is the most likely reason for your problem, try another server.

Thanks for replies,
can confirm port has been closed.
Will try another server, as have only paid for a month.

Thanks for replies,
can confirm port has been closed.
Will try another server, as have only paid for a month.
U will almost defo get some sort of glitching subscribing to a server it is like anything else u get wjat you pay for(unfortunately not always true for the servers) if u wanna try a different one pm me ill let u know u can try it out

Brin

Hi I was led to believe the freezing & Glitching was down to the server oversubscribing....too many people connecting to server???...my server is using 2.1.2 and stll having frezzing & glitching....mind you never updated software to latest and mine has always had this problem of freezing and glitching....any suggestions??

Ha...I know your right...will try this week...honest

Yeah I know it's difficult to do, must take all of 3 minutes!!! How well I remember when even a simple softcam update meant bringing out the PC and null modem cable now that was a job.

Ha 3 mins for you....last time I did it I thought i had backed my channel list up but when I finished NO CHANNELS...so took me ages to find sats and scan again...am I right in thinking just update using the latest one?? or do you have to update in order from the last one you did...

There have been posts elsewhere that say before patching with the latest patches turn off both the Network and UCAS. Some members have said they experience a long connection delay and it would appear that turning off the above before patching is the answer.

Back