CCcam help

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
wondering if someone can help me? i have white card in dm500 sharing with another box in house - all working ok.
my m8 has just bought a dm500 and i am going to share with him, i have his box and have flashed image ok and downloaded CCcam and config file thru blue button but i just cannot seem to get the box to share - no premium channels.

my server has:
C: spare room 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }
C: mates room 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }
##############################################################################
Connection -servers #
##############################################################################

F: username.dnsdojo.com 12005 spare room
F: username.dnsdojo.com 12005 mates room

box getting the share in same house is :

C: username.dnsdojo.com 12005 spare room 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }

this is working ok

i have put this on my mates box (still in my house and on my network whilst i set it up...is this the problem?)

C: username.dnsdojo.com 12005 mates room 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }

no premium channels..

i know its a silly one, but have you checked your network settings on the newly added box? ip dns / gateway correct and all that?

If its working on local network its gotta be something to do with dns ,gateway .
I had same prob and it was my gateway i hadent changed a digit.

If its working on local network its gotta be something to do with dns ,gateway .
I had same prob and it was my gateway i hadent changed a digit.

i have his box in my house just now trying to set it up so would the gateway not just be the same as my own box? (gateway being my router) with only the ip addy being different on last digit?

I am not sure if my config files above are correct.
in my server do i just need an f-line for each box?

example:
F: digiworldmember.dns.com 1200 spare room

and in client box:
C: digiworldmember.dns.com 1200 spare room 1 0 0 {0:0:1}

no C: line to go in server? and as long as the dns username is in F:line it will work either in my own home network or outside my network?

Last edited:
got it working, i just removed all the c-lines and f-lines and used CCcam lines manager and all is working ok.

will my mate need to change ip addy and gateway depending on his router setup? i am not sure who he is with. also will he have to enable port forwarding on his router as a client?

got it working, i just removed all the c-lines and f-lines and used CCcam lines manager and all is working ok.

will my mate need to change ip addy and gateway depending on his router setup? i am not sure who he is with. also will he have to enable port forwarding on his router as a client?

not nessecarily ( i canny fookin spell that word) , basically just chuck the box in at his house if it works fine, if not, then worry about port forwarding, also might be worth enabling remote management on his router so you can login and change stuff as and when.

unless of course you wish to get into his box remotely, in which case yes you will need to forward / open some ports.

No port forwarding needed as a client m8,
unless as monkey says you need access to his setup.

No port forwarding needed as a client m8,
unless as monkey says you need access to his setup.

thanks guy's took it over today and worked straight away, the only problem I had is that he has an orange livebox router and he uses the wireless for his laptop so i wanted to connect it to the dreambox but the rj45 ethernet connection seems to be too long for the female end as it does not click into place and easilly comes out. I tried 2 ethernet cables and also the 2 ports on the router but they are all the same?

anyone else got this router and have the same problem? do you get shorter length rj45 connectors?

Back