Cant jtag a Sammy

draindet said:
Since my last post i have jtagged my own sammy and everything worked first time, i have set the net id and frequency and taken the box to my mates sister where i installed it in an ex c&w area and it all worked fine. She is over the moon and i think her quality of life is slightly better thanks to our actions. However now i dont have a nice silver sammy all i have is a sh*tty old 4001 which flicks and freezes every now and then.
Anyway i would like to thank all of you that helped out especially Undetterred who's kind offer of a spare main board i have accepted gratefully.
Cheers Guys

Check yer e-mail drainster:silly:

exoticasian30 said:
Great stuff.
My brother is paralysed from the neck down so I know just how you feel when you say you have helped to improve your friends quality of life.
Good on ya mate.

Thanks for all your help exoticasian30

i am sorry to learn that your brother is paralysed, i bet he gets free tv with a brother like you.

Thanks again for your help

Ive added to your rep points and yours Undetterred

I’m now having the same problem.
Just got a Sammy from Norwich, done the same things that I did to my first Sammy but this one will not JTAG,
The sammy tool and OCD cannot connect correctly. Most of the time it states the cable is not connected, sometimes it states the processor is running, sometimes it states it cannot put the process into the background and sometimes it connects.
When it connects and I press dump keys it normally gives me a partial IRD and then an error.
Help!!!!!!!!
I only need to change the net id, I have the IRD and BK from the card.
YR
P.S. I used the jtag a couple of weeks ago on a 4000 and it worked fine.

check that you have soldered the jtag wires to the correct points as they are diffferent from a 4000 to a sammy. also make sure you boot up the box properly and it has a card in it.

cheers

Hi Mate,

The solder points are correct, I have also checked it with a Multi Meter and everything looks fine. I will try it with the card in now.
I will give post an update after the football.

Hi all,

Well I've tried with the card in, still no joy.
This box will not go into debug mode, is there any other way to get this box into debug instead of pressing down win ld20 is on the screen?

YR

use this as it worked for me

FUNCARD TO SET THE NETWORK ID FOR CABLE BOXES

use this to change NET ID....worked perfect for me

ur flash file will be the "netid.hex" in the zip file,

Use this program (prjnetid) to create ur Internal eep hex file, just put in ur netid and click save

then create ur external eep file in nagraedit and just rename it with the extension .bin, OR create the external eep fiile with toxic 7 (the one without the bk encryption stuff).

make sure u reset ur box netid first, then go into engineers menu and stick ur funcard in, the box will then switch off and reboot it self, once completed, stick ur normal viewing card in.

files needed:

netid_fun.zip

prjNetId.rar

toxic7_ExtEEgen.rar

all can be found in download area

UNDETTERRED said:
If its any help,i've got a sammy breakin for spares,everything bar the lid and back plate.
It won't power up?your welcome to the main board if its any use to you,although it has in a past life been jtagged as solder spots are evident,not by me though.
Let me know.

A big thanks to Undetterred

Thank you so much for sending me that sammy main board, connected jtag earlier only fooking connected straight away got info, did card put all back together and hey presto free tv.

Since i gave my sammy to my mates sister you wouldnt believe how ive missed that annoying flashing green led.

Once again drop me you addy so i can refund you the postage.

If i can ever help you out mate just give me a yell.

Cheers :Clap: :Clap: :banana: :banana:

draindet said:
A big thanks to Undetterred
Thank you so much for sending me that sammy main board, connected jtag earlier only fooking connected straight away got info, did card put all back together and hey presto free tv.
Since i gave my sammy to my mates sister you wouldnt believe how ive missed that annoying flashing green led.
Once again drop me you addy so i can refund you the postage.
If i can ever help you out mate just give me a yell.
Cheers :Clap: :Clap: :banana: :banana:

Well in mate,was wondering how you got on,glad u sorted it.
Don't worry about postage,i picked up a working sammy and that 1 you got the board from for £15.
:Cheers: :Cheers:

UNDETTERRED said:
Well in mate,was wondering how you got on,glad u sorted it.
Don't worry about postage,i picked up a working sammy and that 1 you got the board from for £15.
:Cheers: :Cheers:

Are you sure mate?

Ok well once again a very big thanks.

mack324 said:
use this as it worked for me
FUNCARD TO SET THE NETWORK ID FOR CABLE BOXES
use this to change NET ID....worked perfect for me
ur flash file will be the "netid.hex" in the zip file,
Use this program (prjnetid) to create ur Internal eep hex file, just put in ur netid and click save
then create ur external eep file in nagraedit and just rename it with the extension .bin, OR create the external eep fiile with toxic 7 (the one without the bk encryption stuff).
make sure u reset ur box netid first, then go into engineers menu and stick ur funcard in, the box will then switch off and reboot it self, once completed, stick ur normal viewing card in.
files needed:
netid_fun.zip
prjNetId.rar
toxic7_ExtEEgen.rar
all can be found in download area

YOU ARE A STAR!!!!!!!!!!

This worked a treat, got the box up and running under 10min.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I'm so happy,,,, LA LA LA.....

YR :mexican:

Back