fan

and i think the 3rd wire on a fan is to display rpm information?

Yeah so i thought it needed that speed sensor wire to adjust the rpm. If not how does it know what speed its running at to set the speed to a desired level ?

I think the fan speed on this is set to full triggered as you say by a temperature setting.

ok if you ever get chance can u check please and let me know thanks for your help i dont have original fan so cant put back in to check

Heres a pic taken from a tutorial for fitting a hard drive and only shows the fan with 2 wires.

t0sykm.png

@ ferret not entirely sure mate but on my pc i have 6 fans running...2 of which i can increase / decrease the speed with my first speed controller that only has a 2pin connector...as it gets faster the led gets brighter so i assume that its controlled by voltage and doesnt need rpm feedback.

My 2nd speed controller has 3 pin connectors and a rpm display. The fan led's also get brighter as you increase the speed. so im assuming the 3rd wire is there just for rpm feedback...

Last edited:
hi mate i see a 4 pin slot on my board on right hand side of box can u tell me if its for a controlled fan its halfway down page First Et8 pictures - English [EN] - OpenXTA

The 4 pin connector your seeing is for power to an internal hard drive if you wish to fit 1.

but as you can see from the same pics the fan is controlled by 2 wires

hi i bought wrong fan i have to push to start i dont know which to buy as threw other one

hi i bought wrong fan i have to push to start i dont know which to buy as threw other one

how do you mean you have to push to start?

If it is anything like the VU+ boxes they run 7 volt fans so 12 volts fan dont always work.

Maybe yours is the same you could always run a multimeter over the fan connector to see what voltage is there.

fans on does nothing i touch it it spins

Sounds to me as it's restricted somehow...is it fastened down to tightly or catching on the casing somehow?

hi is there any way u can tell me the voltage and amp of fan in a xtrend 8000 box please as i have bought 2 fans and i have to push to starts think there wrong amp i am running without a fan at moment

hi is there any way u can tell me the voltage and amp of fan in a xtrend 8000 box please as i have bought 2 fans and i have to push to starts think there wrong amp i am running without a fan at moment

Only way would be with a multimeter.

ok just wondered if anyone had same box wothout fan and no harddrive system running at 47 when on all day is that ok

Back