ADVICE - can not get no signal on Zgemma H5.2TC ?

Good point on the rear 5 volt switch been set to off by Abu

It wont pull in on a scan with it switched of and is used for DVB T only.

Can you post a picture of the rear of receiver showing signal wires.

Also screenshot of the tuner configuration for every tuner.

Is the 5v switch off?

If you disconnect router, bring it downstairs and use exact same wires as you were with the receiver, does the router connect?

Info:
There used to be one long entry in the cables.xml file. Some frequencies were duplicated. There is also slight variation in the frequencies between the pure, ex-cw and tw areas. Someone separated them to make scanning more efficient. If you are not sure of system, select brute force.

Ant power is off. Will try to get some pics up, my modem is not in wireless mode, as the signal was rubbish and is connetced to a Linksys wireless router..

EVEN though, just plugging it in i should see the led indicators flashing..

IMG_1900 by KappatronPT, on Flickr

ADVICE - can not get no signal on Zgemma H5.

If LEDs are flashing on router, that means it has not locked. Lights should be solid. You will have to check the splitter/isolators.

Also the drop in signal on some splitters is not equal.

In essence, the test in bringing router to where STB is, is to test the signal there.

looking on google images single rf port feeds internal twin tuners so would need 1 coaxial feed cable to scan on dvb/c as in your photos above.

Still waiting for your tuner picture.

Just to double check...
Have you connected to RF in, the top connection?

Can you take the receiver to where the superhub is and use the same wire that you are using for the superhub?

Both tuners set to this,

Tuner by KappatronPT, on Flickr

Just brought Superhub and wirleless modem down and using line gointo into the ZG...

I'm using it to reply my whilst my house is beeping as all my miners are off !!

ADVICE - can not get no signal on Zgemma H5.

OK. So router works using same cable as you have been trying with receiver. This proves you have signal there. Best to reconnect before the kids/mrs get annoyed about internet

There is another possibility, signal is too strong. If this is the case, you can try using an attenuator.

A different test of the tuner, is to change tuner config for B and C to Terrestrial and, connect to an aerial and try a Terrestrial scan.

Last edited:
OK. So router works using same cable as you have been trying with receiver. This proves you have signal there. Best to reconnect before you get chucked out.

There is another possibility, signal is too strong. If this is the case, you can try using an attenuator.

A different test of the tuner, is to change tuner config for B and C to Terrestrial and, connect to an aerial and try a Terrestrial scan.

I have a bag FULL of varying dB attenuators from the old NTL days, always used to leave them off and never had a problem...

It's weird why i can not get a signal, router even works through splitter as well on both channels...Got lug it all back upstairs know as that is where the my modem is situated.

Gutted

The tuners have different sensitivities. Some are more sensitive than others. I wouldn't pay attention to the readings that the receivers give you, they all give different readings.

The F-plug to Belling-Lee adapters are not immune to failure.

I just can't see it..have done over 100 of NTL/Virgin/Sat box's over the years..

Might just purchase a VERY cheap box just as a signal tester, it it picks up a signal then add a 'sentence' and see if that scans..

I will look into my router tom and see what levels i am getting upstream/downstram, as i have always had attenuators fitted to the broadband side NOT the TV/Box side to keep it equal....

VM box's are a pile of shite, i'm still on the type 2 i think and have had the latest here for months but never activated it/used it...

Cheers Mate

i would question if netid was checked with a neighbors working box as things have changed on those old lists,could your provider have changed?

filling out details when setting up cable tuners what is ticked,qam 64 and 256.
unsure if brute force scan covers everything?

In the UK, NetID in tuner configuration does nothing.

If you don't believe me, try scanning with different NetID.

NetID only matters when using AutoBouquetsMaker or AutoBouquets Cable. For AB cable, pure areas can use first found. This is because pure areas only have channels for their region.

filling out details when setting up cable tuners what is ticked,qam 64 and 256.

These are listed in the xml file. If a person is conducting a provider scan, they do not have to do anything, the listed values will be scanned.

modulation:
3: QAM64
5: QAM256

unsure if brute force scan covers everything?
The bruteforce section is the old 6952 section, (UK has a few areas with 6887). As mentioned above, the areas have variations in frequencies. Some are whole, some are not. So for example this section, you are in essence scanning the same frequency twice.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

In this bit you are scanning both 64 and 256 QAM even though depending on area, you will only have one in use.

Code:

Rather than tidy it up, it was just renamed. The three sections, pure, telewest and ex-cw were made from lamedbs after ABM runs.
Code:

I was told by supplier that i did not need to alter tuner detials.

He also said i did not even have to alter ABC Net ID (brueforce ?)...But i did after no signal.

Not sure where to to from here, i could try to get to my RF TV aerial, it's unplugged from my TV as 'everything' is built in, buried in wall, andinside a seld made cabinet BUT i could get to it, or i could try plugging into a mates feed ?

Where does it show the NET ID on a normal VM box ? I tried using my parents remote last time and could barely change channel with it lol ?

So frustrating as it's bee 'ready to go' for over 2 weeks now !!

I was told by supplier that i did not need to alter tuner detials.

He also said i did not even have to alter ABC Net ID (brueforce ?)...But i did after no signal.

Not sure where to to from here, i could try to get to my RF TV aerial, it's unplugged from my TV as 'everything' is built in, buried in wall, andinside a seld made cabinet BUT i could get to it, or i could try plugging into a mates feed ?

Where does it show the NET ID on a normal VM box ? I tried using my parents remote last time and could barely change channel with it lol ?

So frustrating as it's bee 'ready to go' for over 2 weeks now !!

On a tivo

Press Home then select ‘Help & Settings’, then ‘Systems Info’, then ‘Diagnostics’ and the top line is your NETID

V+ Box

Press the Home button on your VM remote control, then select ‘Settings’, then ‘Technical Stuff and the first item is your NETID first 5 numbers.

Taking down my parents house now, not sure what box they have just know it's the latest Virgin one...

Back