fan

ianw0327

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have a xtrend 8000 box and have replaced the fan should the fan blow in the box or out also my fan is a 2 pin what settings do i set to in the plugin on auto off or if not using harddrive do i need one at all

help please anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fan should be dispelling the Air from inside to outside, Do these receivers even come with a Fan installed from factory stock if not dont use one

hi my fan broke so bought this scythe 60mm mini kaze 2 pin what settings when i set to auto dosnt work only on perminately on
[h=1][/h]

hi my fan broke so bought this scythe 60mm mini kaze 2 pin what settings when i set to auto dosnt work only on perminately on
[h=1][/h]

could be wired incorrectly or it needs to be on as its reached the turn on temp or it is designed to be on perm but most likely dependent on the image there should be a fan control in the settings..if not search plugins menu and look for fan control plugin and install and set up.

[h=1][/h]

Might be wrong but i thought a fan needed to be 3 pin to work with speed adjustment ! All your fan has is plus and negative.

so should run all time mate is that correct the fan sits under the harddrive case but i use external one is fan for hardrive or cooling as a hole

There is a fan control plugin on the et8000 where you can control the fans on and off...but not speed.
Mines set to come on when the system temp reaches 42 degrees by default.

I would leave the fan in as the et8000 comes with a factory fitted fan wether its got a hard drive fitted or not

Last edited:
thanks for your help i have one last question looked on the board looks like the pic is here looks like there is a 4 pin fan slot half way down page really sorry about this

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but mine does have a speed control in the plugin....i was thinking of something else...again by default the speed is set at around 60% of the adjustment bar.

2rzeuy9.jpg

does it run all time mate or stop at temp only asking as have same box

Its set to start at 40 degrees on mine...so its off till the system hits 40° then it will kick in...and stop if the system drops below 40°

I added a screen shot of my settings

followed your setting the fans not kicking at temp on auto i give up

Might be wrong but i thought a fan needed to be 3 pin to work with speed adjustment ! All your fan has is plus and negative.

I think the fan speed is voltage controlled ..and i think the 3rd wire on a fan is to display rpm information?

Thats how it works on my pc anyway lol

Last edited:
As posted by ferret I am also under the impression and have used in the past Three connections on any controllable fan I have replaced.

was at 34 set fan to 35 when it went to 35 nothing happened

sorry im scanning through this quickly as im at work lol.
does the fan run if you set it to run permanently?

Back