cant get xbox to boot to anything appart from xell

I sent you a donor nand, I'm a little too busy, its late, and I've got plenty of work to do myself. Sorry.

ok no bother. ta

think im on to something. i think i might have messed up the key in the drive i have in the tagger. i dont have time to play now but ill be back on it on thursday. cheers dave

I've got a few old boards if they would help and you need some donor nands etc.

Cheers dibbers I'm pretty sure it's my drive at fault though. I have a couple of good bands also. I just wasn't sure I was useing them right.

Do As Oggy says and use Rawflash v3 to flash your nand via xell , you will be able to see if it fails on any bad blocks whilst flashing.

To check the nand on the box could you not use "nandflasher" and do a back up to a USB stick, it verifys after a write, then again i'm not 100%, however when i flahed the nand with the new dash i used that program and it has 2 options, read and write, i'm not saying to use it to write or any thing but it might be good to verify it? not 100% sure though....just a thought?

Information on the hardware and NAND is also displayed.

Features:
- Simple, easy to use interface (a lot of the more complicated stuff gets done automatically)
- Displays information on the hardware and NAND
- Possible to easily add additional languages
- Bad blocks automatically get relocated (for all NAND sizes, 16/256/512MB)
- Verification process which results in very safe, virtually error-free read and write processes

sob sob sob

it wasnt my drive. i am going to try and use rawflash with xell to rule out my programmer. the main issue i have is i dont have a good nand. at least a good nand from my xbox. i have tried making one useing my cpu key but it hasnt worked so far. i really am at a loss?? xell works so i doubt my programmer is at fault . i have been blagging myself with all the different things i have read.

how do i make a nand from my cpu key please?? i can only assume im doing somthing wrong on that side. please help this thing is doing my head in i feel so close but yet so far away from having freeboot running and beign free of disks.

please please please please please please please please help.

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Copy and paste from elsewhere , it may help ...

Download the right nand for your board and follow the tut

Download the nand for your motherboard then download bincrypt2.
Extract both the nand and the bincrypt to the desktop.

Xenon
Xenon

Falcon
Falcon

Zephyr
Zepher

Jasper16MB(SB)
Jasper16mb

Jasper BB 256MB/512MB
Jasper BB 256/512

BinCrypt2 And Donor KV!

BinCrypt2 And Donor KV

Heres what you need to do to get the image to work on your jtag

* Download the nand for your motherboard the download bincrypt2.
Extract both the nand and the bincrypt to the desktop.
Open bincrypt2 and enter the cpu key for ur board then do this!

Posted Image

Now Open Your nand For Ur Board like for example Falcon

Posted Image

Open Your Own Kv Or The Donor Kv Supplied In the RAR And Click Open

Posted Image

Finished :p

Posted Image

Your Nand Should Now Be Ready To Be Flashed To Ur S3XB0X

definatly my nand used rawflash and am now getting what i beleive to be the xmas tree with the flashing lights.

@ Koevoet i have tried what you have just posted befor but i will retry as soon as i can but useing rawflash. cheers for everyones help so far. hopfully i am close.

i dont know what im doing wrong i keep trying to rebuild a nand but when i flash it to the xbox it just wont boot. i am occasionally getting 1033 error noe aswell. i know its not hardware as the code changes near enough every time i reflash with a different nand

Dave I love you long time lol. Can you pm me your email and I will send it over in the morning.
Many many thanks

my nands are on their way to you dave. all of them have a bad block at 16e and there are differences between them. i can send the donors i have aquired if you need them?? cheers dave.

I've been following this thread all the time, fingers crossed for ya! i've just ordered me self a nand x so i'm miles behind ya! interesting to see how you get on, and i hope you got a good walk through for us Rawsy! lol

the install of everything was pretty easy. i messed up while dumping my nand because my jtag cable was too long and couldnt get a clean dump. i gopt impatient and flashed the nand befor getting a clean dump like a dumb arse. the issues i am getting are from me not been able to make a replacement nand properly for some reason.

you'll have to share your knowledge mate when you get it sorted! i am slowly getting my head around it, ordered the nand-x (V3) and just looking for a cool runner (even though I've been told might not need one) any way, i get it one is for reading the nand, and one is for writing it back, any way i got a lot od reading to do so i won't hijack your thread, Hope you get it sorted then! is Dave going to rebuild your nand? and then send it back to you to flash?

Back