can you still chip these ?

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I'm a complete newbie to these, my girlfriends son has one and asked about copied games.
Can you still buy the chips for them ?, I have looked here http://www.cheapmod.com with no joy.
I have read about the softmodding but it's over my head :(

Any help would be appreciated.

To Softmod you'll need an original of one of these games

Splintercell 1
007 Agent Underfire
Mechassault

You'll also need a memory card and a way of transferring save games to the memory card, either a friend with an already modded XBOX or an Action Replay (Memory Card to USB adapter).

You transfer the hacked save game (Krayzie Ndure installer 1.11) for the game you are using (see above) from the PC to the memory card. Then transfer it from the memory card to the XBOX you want to softmod.

Launch the game, load the save game and then follow the on screen info.

Here is a video guide to softmods

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIfeq9qGy0[/ame]

softmod should only be seen as a precursor to a tsop flash.

nothing beats a tsop'd xbox with 80mm fan & 300gig drive - no contest :)

softmod should only be seen as a precursor to a tsop flash. nothing beats a tsop'd xbox
TSOP flashing requires opening your box and soldering your motherboard. That's way too risky for most users with little or no benefit. Softmod is easy, fast, almost without risk.

300gig drive - no contest :)
Take care when using drives over 256GiB in size. You have to format the any partition that is larger than 256GiB in size with the non standard 32Kbyte cluster size or you will loose data.

TSOP flashing requires opening your box and soldering your motherboard. That's way too risky for most users with little or no benefit. Softmod is easy, fast, almost without risk.

Take care when using drives over 256GiB in size. You have to format the any partition that is larger than 256GiB in size with the non standard 32Kbyte cluster size or you will loose data.

ive liked the idea of soft modding ..but always gone down the hardwire and tsop flashing avenue..surpose its the challenge i like
mask .might hav slayer on his xbox that formats drives upto 300gb with no problems..you do hav to re-flash the chip tho that to is done by slayer too

was wondering
.. when u install a mod chip it helps u install all the emulators n lets u play the divx

but can u do all this even after u do a softmod on xbox ?

soft mods are better because they dont invalidate warranty but after end of warranty I want to modchip

Softmodding is simple enough to do if you have a read around (xbox-scene forum is a big help), spend however long it takes getting the files and understanding what you need to do.

I went for the hotswapping method (done a few for friends that way and had no problems at all) - didn't want to spend any extra money with memory card/games exploits, so it cost me nothing - 30mins reading the first time (after doing one, it's a 5 minute job the next time).

Back