Can you find road closures from a date in history?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My Step-Dad is a lorry driver and on 30th November 2010 got stuck around A2/Dartford Crossing due to the heavy snow and abandoned cars. He was due a tacho break so pulled into a layby to wait but the police came and moved him on as the conditions were too bad. He moved anoth miles or so and stopped again but yet again got moved on by the police. In total he managed to pull in his 15 minutes however there were split into 5-6 minute breaks.

He had an inspection by the police last month and they saw this on his tacho and are now going to take him to court!

His tacho clearly shows he was stopped for 5-6 minutes then drove slowly for another 4-5 minutes then stopped again etc. He has the weather reports for the area but wondered if there is anywhere on the net you can find the historical road closures?

My Step-Dad is a lorry driver and on 30th November 2010 got stuck around A2/Dartford Crossing due to the heavy snow and abandoned cars. He was due a tacho break so pulled into a layby to wait but the police came and moved him on as the conditions were too bad. He moved anoth miles or so and stopped again but yet again got moved on by the police. In total he managed to pull in his 15 minutes however there were split into 5-6 minute breaks.

He had an inspection by the police last month and they saw this on his tacho and are now going to take him to court!

His tacho clearly shows he was stopped for 5-6 minutes then drove slowly for another 4-5 minutes then stopped again etc. He has the weather reports for the area but wondered if there is anywhere on the net you can find the historical road closures?

to be fair mate, the way you explained it. for it to be explained in court that way would make sence. after all i know the tacho law is there to protect drivers, but as he was moved on by the police for safty grounds.. i recon that is good enough defence on its own..

as for road traffic history not sure if something exsists

Only people I think you can contact is the highways agency to ask what roads local to that area were affected on that date/time range.

Highways agency or I think also the AA keep a record as well. I'm surprised the police even pursuing it as the explanation and a quick check would have cleared it up. Another example of wasting taxpayers money on nothing,

Back