Can someone explain this please

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
new to football betting so just learning

i understand what Accumulator means

but what does trebles mean ?

just say i have 5 teams i want to bet on, does treble mean that 3 of those selection must win ?

if it does mean that why do you get a better odds for a treble then a accumulator ?

Thanks

A treble is indeed based on 3. Be it 3 footy results 3 horses ect it is pick 3 and you win when all 3 of your selections win. You win nothing if 2 or 1 win.
A treble will not pay more than an accumulator based on the same 3 picks. It is exactly the same thing. The difference is you could have a 5 "pick" accumulator - You once again need 5/5 to win but the odds/payout would be much greater (naturally) than if you had 3/3 (Treble) .
1 - Single
2 - Double
3 - Treble
anything above is referred to as an accumulator.
There are various other combinations you could have where you do not need all of your "picks" to win but still have some return. TBH the are too many to mention. But if you come across some type of bet that you don't understand then post it up and If I see the thread I will have a go at explaining it for you.

Treble Bet-A Treble consists of 1 bet involving 3 selections in different events. All must be successful to get a return.

Four-Fold Accumulator Bet-A Four-Fold Accumulator consists of 1 bet involving 4 selections in different events. All must be successful to get a return.

A Five-Fold Accumulator consists of 1 bet involving 5 selections in different events. All must be successful to get a return. etc ok

but ya can also do these...

Patent Bet-Patent consists of 7 bets involving 3 selections in different events, ie. 3 singles, 3 doubles, and 1 Treble. Just one successful selection guarantees a return.

Trixie Bet-A Trixie consists of 4 bets involving 3 selections in different events, i.e. 3 doubles plus 1 treble. A minimum of 2 of your selections must be successful to get a return.

Yankee Bet-A Yankee consists of 11 bets involving 4 selections in different events, i.e. 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 four-fold. A minimum of 2 of your selections must be successful to get a return.

Lucky 15 Bet-A Lucky 15 consists of 15 bets involving 4 selections in different events, i.e. 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 four-fold. Just one successful selection guarantees a return.

ok lets take a Yankee Bet which ya can do on all sports/lotto ok

i do a Yankee Bet on the 49`s lotto

i pick four numbers
place 20p bet @ 11 bets=£2.20p

if all 4 numbers come out i will recive around £2000
but if only 3 numbers come out i will recive about £160:banana:

new to football betting so just learning

i understand what Accumulator means

but what does trebles mean ?

just say i have 5 teams i want to bet on, does treble mean that 3 of those selection must win ?

if it does mean that why do you get a better odds for a treble then a accumulator ?

Thanks

If you pick 5 teams and you want trebles, there are 10 different combinations of 3, (eg if ABCDE are your selections, ABC would be your first treble, then ABD, ABE, ACD, ACE, ADE, BCD, BCE, BDE, and CDE) so you are paying for 10 separate bets. You could write them all out individually on 10 seperate coupons if you wanted. So if 3 win you will have one winning treble... if 4 win you will have 4 separate winning bets and 5 win you have 10 separate winning bets.
Your returns is always dependant on the odds of your selections so just because you have more selections, doesn't mean you returns would be higher than a bet with less selections.

Hope this helps :proud:

this is confusing understanding it slighty more now..

ok this is a example from sky bets... just did a complete random on who to win etc

so is that right what am seeing,

if 3 of them teams win out of the 5, with £10 bet i will win £1161.01 ???

If you look next to "trebles" it says 10 lines... you have to pay for each of those lines so to win the £1161.01 your initial outlay would be £100. If you only wanted to spend £10 in total then you would have 10 x £1 trebles and if they all won, you would win £116.10.

No, with that example you need all 5 to come in for a £1161.01 return.

The treble bet you have there is all 10 combinations of treble at £10 per treble.

If 3 out the 5 win then you will have 1x £10 treble. If 4 out the 5 you will have 4 x £10 trebles and if all 5 win then you have 10 trebles at £10 per treble.

Ive been betting for years and the only advice i can give is start of betting small till you get to know all the bets then work your way up. Dont go chasing big 7 or 8 team accumulators, there virtually impossible to get up. The bigest bet i now put on is a treble, usually stick to doubles though!

Good luck!

Back