Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can i flash a new dreambox 800hd with flashfxp?

ash213

Inactive User
having problems with dreamup but can connect with flashfxp.

my question is, can i send a image to the dreambox through flashfxp? if so, where do i dump it?

cheers

ftp to temp folder then telnet to flash

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.
Rename the image file to backup.img
FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
Telnet to your box and paste the following command:

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
A command window will appear, enter username root and password dreambox.

ash213 ignore that post thought it was for a 500 sorry my mistake won't happen again

Why not just flash in browser ?

Unplug your dreambox , hold on the power button in on the front of the box and plug in the main power , keep holding the power button until you see your ip address of the box and the words stop .

Then type in your brower the ip address of the box ( http://192.168.?.? ) and click on firmware upgrade .

Then wait

i did it through browser method now my dreambox says error: no ca found.

what shoiuld i do?

ta.

i did it through browser method now my dreambox says error: no ca found.

what shoiuld i do?

ta.

Did you use Microsoft IE or the likes of Firefox etc ? I've had problems in the past with using anything but IE.

If you did use IE, try flashing it again or using a different image.

You have probbaly flashed an incorrect bootloader, to cause that error. Which image did you flash ? Which SIM card do you have ? You will now have to reflash using patched dreamup and a image which has correct bootlaoder included.

no ca error is a dream up fix only ...was you trying to put original-SSL76dm800-DE133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010 image on by any chance

Did you use Microsoft IE or the likes of Firefox etc ? I've had problems in the past with using anything but IE.

If you did use IE, try flashing it again or using a different image.

hi im trying to flash via browser method in IE and firefox...

now when i click firmware upgrade and select the image it loads etc...then suddenly i get the cannot display page...annoying, what shall i do? what format does the image have to be in? and also what image can u recomend me?
thankjs

right i managed to flash it with this sim201-SS82-de-133dv3PHOENIX2-dm800-13052011

im trying to connect it to my network but the network and DCC is not picking up the box

why not?! worried! cheers

Back