Can i flash a new dreambox 800hd with flashfxp?

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
having problems with dreamup but can connect with flashfxp.

my question is, can i send a image to the dreambox through flashfxp? if so, where do i dump it?

cheers

ftp to temp folder then telnet to flash

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.
Rename the image file to backup.img
FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
Telnet to your box and paste the following command:

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
A command window will appear, enter username root and password dreambox.

ash213 ignore that post thought it was for a 500 sorry my mistake won't happen again

Why not just flash in browser ?

Unplug your dreambox , hold on the power button in on the front of the box and plug in the main power , keep holding the power button until you see your ip address of the box and the words stop .

Then type in your brower the ip address of the box ( http://192.168.?.? ) and click on firmware upgrade .

Then wait

i did it through browser method now my dreambox says error: no ca found.

what shoiuld i do?

ta.

i did it through browser method now my dreambox says error: no ca found.

what shoiuld i do?

ta.

Did you use Microsoft IE or the likes of Firefox etc ? I've had problems in the past with using anything but IE.

If you did use IE, try flashing it again or using a different image.

You have probbaly flashed an incorrect bootloader, to cause that error. Which image did you flash ? Which SIM card do you have ? You will now have to reflash using patched dreamup and a image which has correct bootlaoder included.

no ca error is a dream up fix only ...was you trying to put original-SSL76dm800-DE133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010 image on by any chance

Did you use Microsoft IE or the likes of Firefox etc ? I've had problems in the past with using anything but IE.

If you did use IE, try flashing it again or using a different image.

hi im trying to flash via browser method in IE and firefox...

now when i click firmware upgrade and select the image it loads etc...then suddenly i get the cannot display page...annoying, what shall i do? what format does the image have to be in? and also what image can u recomend me?
thankjs

the image ive been tryin to flash is NabiloBlackHole_DM800_0.12_BU.nfi

right i managed to flash it with this sim201-SS82-de-133dv3PHOENIX2-dm800-13052011

im trying to connect it to my network but the network and DCC is not picking up the box

why not?! worried! cheers

Have you turned DHCP on in adaptor settings then press ok and reboot the box

fixed it all up, delete thread if anyone wants to
thanks

Back