Can anyone recommend a 42" or bigger TV

re: Can anyone recommend a 42" or bigger TV

MATSUI MATB-FL1 TV Wall Mount for 22"-42" TVs at low prices | Dixons

Found this bracket if any one is following this thread

dont need to spend 40 quid on a wall bracket, I got 2 wall brackets, one for my 37" LCD and the other for the 42" Plasma, 15 quid each delivered. been wall mounted for 12 months now and no problems, as long as you have a solid brick wall - then no need to get an expensive wall mount.

Im on the hunt for a 42" and the best for the money I have found is the LGLH3000 - has anyone got one or know about these reg quality etc?

Reviews seem to say they are good quality for the money and with full 1080p seems like a good buy for around the £400 mark. Im not in any rush to buy so it'll be ina month or 2.

Cheers!

I saw an advert on TV for an LG FULL LED TV over the weekend. Are these any good compared to Plasma now they are available

I saw an advert on TV for an LG FULL LED TV over the weekend. Are these any good compared to Plasma now they are available

What is a FULL LED, AFAIK its either LED or not LED.

I have read (though not seen) that side lit LED can have issues with even lighting over the screen compared to back mounted LED. If I remember the LG is back mounted.

Im on the hunt for a 42" and the best for the money I have found is the LGLH3000 - has anyone got one or know about these reg quality etc?

Reviews seem to say they are good quality for the money and with full 1080p seems like a good buy for around the £400 mark. Im not in any rush to buy so it'll be ina month or 2.

Cheers!

I dont have said model got thr 42" LGPQ6000 Plasma and the 37" LGLH2000 - cant fault them at all, gorgeaus picture quality - the Plasma quality is as good as the G10 Panasonic range . .only problem is slight image retention on the Plasma not a major problem.

with LG you get as good as a Panasonic TV without the Panasonic price .. the 42" Plasma has a one piece glass on front, looks gorgeaus with none of this plastic you get - when compared to my mates Panasonic G10 mine looks gorgeaus .. got to give it to LG for design, looks very attractive indeed

What is a FULL LED, AFAIK its either LED or not LED.

I have read (though not seen) that side lit LED can have issues with even lighting over the screen compared to back mounted LED. If I remember the LG is back mounted.

OK, just saw the LG ad, what they mean by FULL LED is that it is on edge lit LED.

I dont have said model got thr 42" LGPQ6000 Plasma and the 37" LGLH2000 - cant fault them at all, gorgeaus picture quality - the Plasma quality is as good as the G10 Panasonic range . .only problem is slight image retention on the Plasma not a major problem.

with LG you get as good as a Panasonic TV without the Panasonic price .. the 42" Plasma has a one piece glass on front, looks gorgeaus with none of this plastic you get - when compared to my mates Panasonic G10 mine looks gorgeaus .. got to give it to LG for design, looks very attractive indeed

Thanks for that - seems to be the one to go for then. I don't think I've seen one negative point about it. Do you know if this has the USB slot and by downgrading the firmware you can do some funky stuff with it? To be honest until I read on digi I didn't know you could do the firmware flashes with tv's. Crazy shizzle!!

we have 2 lgs at work, a 60'' and a 50'' and both are good. think they are the earlier fps range.they have shitloads of hdmi n component inputs etc.ours double up as presentation screens and tvs. the new range are supposedly better so must be good for the money as they are relatively cheap. the fps range is still available brand new - u may get a bargain

I would go for the new LG PK590 range

you can get it for around 646 delivered from Amazon

has a plethora of features

Product Features

50 inch HD Ready Plasma TV with built in Freeview
YouTube Picasa and Accuweather from LG Netcast
600Hz Plasma Technology
Wi-Fi and DLNA
4 HDMI Inputs

Technical Details

Screen size (in.) - 50
Display Type - Plasma
Full HD (1080p) - Yes
Resolution - 1920 x 1080p
Contrast Ratio - 3:000:000:1
THX - Yes
Aspect Ratio - 16:9
HDMI - 4
Picture Wizard - Yes
Freeview HD Built In - Yes
Audio Output - 10W + 10W
Clear Voice - Yes (Clear Voice II)
Intelligent Sensor - Yes
Energy Saving recommended - Yes
NetCast - Yes
Smart Energy Saving Plus - Yes
DLNA - Yes
USB 2.0 (DivX HD: MP3: Jpeg play) - Yes
Award - isf Certification
Razor Frame (Narrow frame and Slim depth) - Yes
SET (w/o stand) (mm) - 1171.4 x 728.3 x 55.3
Including stand (mm) - 1171.4 x 786.2 x 309.7
VESA Dimensions (mm) - 400 x 400
SET (w/o stand kg) - 28.6
Including stand (kg) - 31

going to get this TV around xmas time

Yip, looks really good the LG 50PK590 I'm almost certainly, possibly, definitely maybe gonna get one :banana: Mentioned in another thread but it's well respected over @ AVForums
Dixons have it for £649 but if it tracks thru Quidco gets you £19.47 back = £629.53 :Clap:
HH.

Yip, looks really good the LG 50PK590 I'm almost certainly, possibly, definitely maybe gonna get one :banana: Mentioned in another thread but it's well respected over @ AVForums
Dixons have it for £649 but if it tracks thru Quidco gets you £19.47 back = £629.53 :Clap:
HH.

want it badly but cant jusify it at the moment with the 42" Plasma I already have and its going to be difficult explaining how come a a sexy 50" Plasma hjas vaporised from thin air to the wife

so will wait till xmas and see what prices are like in the sales.

£647.49 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery

Panasonic TX-P42G20B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Neo Plasma TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD

I wonder if home delivery netwrok will be delivering these, I heard some real horror stories abt them.

Panasonic TX-P42G20B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

same tv, better deal

PANASONIC Viera TX-P42G20B 42" Full HD Plasma TV | Dixons |

use code TV40, reduces price to £607.49 free delivery also

Last edited:
Wow thats a good price but I would guess that this would come with a 1 Year warranty so maybe use this to get a price match somewhere :)

Yep I read a thread here today about it but I can not seem to find teh link right now and had to go and have a look myself :proud:, This is a cracking price now and I really wonder if it can go lower, what do you think. When I started looking at this tv just before the world cup it was nearly £900.

You could get another 5% off as well if you get yourself an american express card which gives you 5% off all purchases for 3 months :proud: getting it for just under £600

I saw the g20 was placed right below the v20 and allthough the g20 looked way better than the other tv's the v20 just had a bit more clarity - is it worth the extra £300 or so, I'm not so sure but if I had the cash spare then probably yes.

This is definatly the cheapest at the moment with a 5 year gurantee.

Edit: It was funny to see that some of the clearance deals were more expensive then this set and people were looking at those because they were in the clearance section lol

Last edited:
I saw it here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/248167/

Strange why I did not see it as it was the post the post right below

Forgot to mention that the 3d tv looked nice too but can't really see my self watching tv wearing glases over glases

Also this tv must have racked up some serious sales - I wonder how long it will take the V20 will get to £629 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
same tv same price

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/616850?cm_ven=AFFILIATEWINDOW&_$ja=tsid:8361|prd:102563&cm_ven=AFFILIATEWINDOW&_$ja=tsid:8361|prd:102563&cm_mmc=AW-_-InvisibleHand-_-links-_-generic

Back