Can anyone recommend a 42" or bigger TV

re: Can anyone recommend a 42" or bigger TV

What ?????

The G20 comes with Freeview HD, Freesat HD, PVR via USB HDD, DLNA, USB playback, online content access and webcam. I can't think of to many other sets that offers all that.

I popped into John Lewis over the weekend and had a look at the sets and yes Oneman you are soo right, no other sets I saw had all these features. The only thing that got me thinking about a LED set is how thin they are but even those sets dont seem to have all the features that the G20 has, so I am nearly 100% sure I will be getting the G20 however when I went to John Lewis they had earlier had a power failure and none of the sets were on so will have to go back to compare PQ but so far this looks like a top notch set for the features provided and PQ and I will be getting one unless seeing the LED sets make me change my mind :Kickassro

Edit: can anyone recommend a slide and tilt wall bracket for the G20

Last edited:

cant fault the G20 range excellent features and excellent picture quality.... but at nearly 700 quid for a 32" model .. cant justify purchasing one myself

Can anyone explain what this means

Multi Window PAT

I found it on the panny website for the G20, apparently this TV is PAT

Thanks in advance

I am hoping it is Picture in Picture

Last edited:

cant fault the G20 range excellent features and excellent picture quality.... but at nearly 700 quid for a 32" model .. cant justify purchasing one myself

You can get the 42" for £850 or 50" for £1050 at Costco including 5 years warranty. I have to say its a very good set, plus thin and light for a plasma, about on par for a non-LED LCD

I have just come accross this LED backlight TV by Panasonic

What are your opinions please over the G20

VIERA Flat Screen Televisions - LCD TV - TX-L42D25B - Specification - UK & Ireland

Thanks

Right now I think the LED are overpriced but do have a couple of advantages over fluorescent lit LCD. No enough to justify the price. And for larger screens, something I would not have said 6 months ago, I would go for a good plasma over LED / LCD.

You can get the 42" for £850 or 50" for £1050 at Costco including 5 years warranty. I have to say its a very good set, plus thin and light for a plasma, about on par for a non-LED LCD

Thats true but you also have to be a member of costco and remain so for the duration of the 5 year warranty for it to be valid

Thats true but you also have to be a member of costco and remain so for the duration of the 5 year warranty for it to be valid

True,

Best retail price I could get on the 42" with 5 year warranty was closer to a grand.

If you want something cheaper without all the features but still with a good picture quality and design I can recommend LG 50PS6000.

I can personally vouch for the panny g20 it is a fantastic tv. There isnt as many toys to play with as others in the range with regards to the picture but i can honestly say ive not felt the need to adjust the picture once since installing it. Remains faultless no matter what im watching and it's still looks nice under SD although HD looks utterly amazing. Gaming wise it's also faultless,i was torn between this set and an LED but was told by numerous salesmen that LED isnt as good game wise and the LED set was a little more expensive, im not disappointed with my choice. It utterly wipes the floor with my mates Samsung lol he's constantly arsing about with the picture to get it spot on where as with the Panny it's just spot on full stop.

Here is the link for the Panny dongle to allow wifi access, it is expensive at £80 but you could use some other method such as home plugs or standard ethernet cable

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/635600/PANASONIC-DY-WL10E-K?cm_ven=Google+Shopping&cm_cat=Feed&cm_pla=&cm_ite=635600_PANASONIC_DY-WL10E-K&_$ja=tsid:8360|cc:|prd:DY-WL10E-K|cat:Other_TV_Accessories

Take the next step in easy Wi-Fi communication with the Panasonic DY-WL10E-K wireless USB adapter or dongle. Simply plug it into your new Panasonic TV and using the Web apps you'll be able to connect to your mobile devices and the internet, without the need for cables.

There is also a webcam coming out for the panasonic, wide angle lens and multiple mics but it will cost 120 quid.

I can personally vouch for the panny g20 it is a fantastic tv. There isnt as many toys to play with as others in the range with regards to the picture but i can honestly say ive not felt the need to adjust the picture once since installing it. Remains faultless no matter what im watching and it's still looks nice under SD although HD looks utterly amazing. Gaming wise it's also faultless,i was torn between this set and an LED but was told by numerous salesmen that LED isnt as good game wise and the LED set was a little more expensive, im not disappointed with my choice. It utterly wipes the floor with my mates Samsung lol he's constantly arsing about with the picture to get it spot on where as with the Panny it's just spot on full stop.

How do you mean not as many toys? there are 2 menus on these I believe...

As for not setting it up you really do need to run a set up disk on it you will see there is some fine tuning to be done :)

How do you mean not as many toys? there are 2 menus on these I believe...

As for not setting it up you really do need to run a set up disk on it you will see there is some fine tuning to be done :)

Not as many toys with regards to the picture
Wasnt there for the set up but since it was done ive barely touched a single setting without putting right back where i found it. Happy days best thing since sliced bread.

yes panasonic good reliable tv you wont go far wrong:Clap::Clap:

Back