Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

can anybody reccomend a Motherboard for an I5 ?

dazling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Right I have already an i7 2.8 socket 1156 cpu and motherboard to suit but was looking to update it so I have usb 3.0 and Sata III, I have looked at maybe a pcie card with usb and sata 3 but they all seem to be for a pcie x4 slot which I don't have so looking at getting a Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail but not sure what motherboard to get I would go for an i7 again but just cant afford the £90

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks peeps

oneman I was looking at GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) ATX Motherboard - Aria PC myself but was turned off it
because there are only 2 sata 3 slots although prob wont need anymore than that.

Thanks peeps

oneman I was looking at GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) ATX Motherboard - Aria PC myself but was turned off it
because there are only 2 sata 3 slots although prob wont need anymore than that.

How many ssd are you planning on adding ?

Asrock boards seem to have 4 x Sata 3 but I suspect you won't be able to RAID across all 4 as it will almost certainly be 2 via Z77 and 2 via 3rd controller chip

ASRock Z77 Pro 4 S1155 Intel Z77 ATX Ivybridge Ready Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

For what it's worth, PCI-e x4 cards fit and work in "full size" PCI-e slots. Or is it that you've got an mATX board?

With Ivybridge, the are few reasons to go for the i7 over the i5.

im not a expert on the subject.. but have u had a look on that well known auction/buying site....

ok I went for the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) ATX Motherboard with the
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
I already have 16Gb of ballistic Ram so all should be good

Thanks for ya help peeps

ok I went for the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) ATX Motherboard with the
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
I already have 16Gb of ballistic Ram so all should be good

Thanks for ya help peeps

You looking at getting a better cooler ? You should be able to get 4GHz or more fairly easily with better cooling.

You got the same as I have. GREAT Mobo.
BUY a Big Cooler that will fit onto mobo and in the Tower case. I built my own just before xmas 2012 and it is the BEST I have ever had. Using one ssd drive (for OS & programs) and 5 internal HD drives. DVD Writer & DVD-Cd Reader installed. Useing a Zalman 9 + Tower. Wish I had a longer Tower though as I can not fit Plug n Play slots in front of tower as motherboard capacitors stop them.

Back